My birthday gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My birthday gift

Well here I am feeling kind of foolish. My site isn't a business site, its just stuff that I'm interested in. My wife got the site for me for my birthday an I'm having the time of my life with it. So take a look, have a chuckle on me. My domain name is LuckysLinks.com

http://luckyslinks.com

Re: My birthday gift

What a great birthday present...I guess you want to keep her.
    Looks like great fun. Love the nav buttons. I love the black background even though it makes it a little harder for my age group to read.
    A couple of things to keep them coming back, horizontal scrolling loses visitors (learnt that here at the forum, as I had not noticed that I left fairly quickly). I have learnt on this forum that it is a good idea to set your page width at 800 to save the horizontal scrolling. (for those of us with old, small monitors)
    You have that page width on your CDC medic alert page and your forum page but not your home page. On your Medic alert page I think your copy is not built on the left hand side of the page and then centred in the page properties. I did that when I started and it took me a while and a bit of re-reading to work out that my copy would move to the right if I did not build up against the left side.
    Congratulations on the membership page I want one but have not started that learning curve yet.
    Sandra

Comment

Nice job, a few tweaks. The image of the plant on your home page takes to long to load (need to reduce the file size) you can use Pixresizer here in BV. The CDC page has no navagation back to the other pages (if you don't want to add navagation have it open in another window) Your computer page is untitled and you need to reduce the width of your pages. But all in all a good job, looks like you guys have fun and that is really what your site is all about.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

As dito above, you should centre all your pages and set them to 600x800 to avoid sideways scroling.
        I personaly don't like black backgrouds, but...well done! Keep it up!

Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Ok, made some changes, most noteable to the index page. I reduced the width size to 800 and centered in browser.... sure is a lot of empty space on left and right side. Is this the way it is supposed to look?

will all of my pages have that space on both sides?

Comment

Whoops, forgot to say Thank You for the help.

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by c4monk View Post
              Ok, made some changes, most noteable to the index page. I reduced the width size to 800 and centered in browser.... sure is a lot of empty space on left and right side. Is this the way it is supposed to look?

will all of my pages have that space on both sides?
              That depends on the browser that clients use and also the screen size that they have set.......most browsers will adjust to the screen sizes.

you can use anywhere between 800 and 900..........
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
              X