Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Check Out This Layout

Hi:

Please check out the layout for this site. Obviously the copy still needs to be added, but I would love to hear your thoughts on aesthetics!

jtdewitt.com/temp*space/index.html (remove the asterisk)

Best regards:
    Jason

Re: Please Check Out This Layout

When you want us to look at a page you do not have to seperate any of the URL, we do that at times to keep it from linking to examples (no actual page). As for the layout....nice. Watch, you have some text over lapping in IE and I would delete the links at the very top of the page, you have them under the image and again in the footer so they are unnecessary. Not crazy about the green for the active page link.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

i cant see it
      lol.....
      sigpic
      Live and Let live
      www.lowbudgetsmediaadvertising.com
      www.discoverpopotla.com
      www.villadeflorencia.com
      www.rusticosalvarez.com

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm not in love with the green either, but I've been playing with some other colors and it seems to look less "busy". I'll keep playing with it.

Where is the text overlapping? I've looked at it in Firefox and IE and can't see it. Also, I think you're 100% right on the links at the top of the page. These will be removed.

by the way, I couldn't get the forum to stop striking out my url, I think it sees the "p-s-p" portion of tem***ace as an obscenity. Oh well...

Any other input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Jason,
          Looking great. A little mor tweaking and you will be ready to add your content and then do more tweaking...and more tweaking.......and more etc

Glad you agree with Ed on the top links. I don't think the green writing is quite right. The light blue border might work........I think it needs checking for other colours...

Love your tabs and the shape of the header.......What if you chose the final colour in your headline for the other colour in your nav buttons

Good luck
          Sandra

Comment

Hi, you need to pull out the horizontal tabs a touch more on the text boxes & menus to stop the return of the words that are making another text line.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi again,
              I missed two things you may like to check or play with some more..
              1. with your header text (www,Slash Your Debt.org) IMO I think what you have for the copyright at the bottom of the page would be better visually SlashYourDebt.org The spaces and no spaces looks a little uncomfortable to me.
              2. With the arrow to your free report box I think it needs to come down just a little so that the side matches almost exactly to the 2 lines of text. I would also play with the size (width) of the text box until you have both lines of text nearly equal (justified) then I would move the text box a little to the right until the text nearly touches the arrow.

Only IMO of course as design is a very individual thing.
              Sandra

Comment

Hi
                This still needs to come down a tad: "Without Damaging Your Credit."
                as it is still overlapping a little.

You might want to give your page a name instead of "untitled page"
                ( page properties - title )

and the 2 contact forms could do with a different title to tell them apart.

Your on the right lines............so keep plugging away.

p.s. Why not buy a ready built bluevoda "newsletter" form and a
                ready built "contact Us" form and publish them straight away to your website..........save you a lot of work and hassle......................lol
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

WOW, this is awesome. All of this feedback is phenomenal, I bet it'll cut my development time in half!

In regards to the header text "slash your debt.org", you know that I actually did them differently at the top and bottom to see which looked better - and then forgot to ask you guys about it! :) Unless there is a descending opinion, we will go with "no spaces".

I was unsure whether the text at the bottom of the article (by the arrow) should be justified independently, or with the article text. Would you rather see the text box narrowed until the lines are more closely matched, or text added to create 2 full lines which match the width of the article?

Chris, I'm not quite sure where you are telling me to resize text boxes. Are you referring to the way the paragraphs end with only one or two words on a new line? If so, I will certainly attend to this after the lipsum text is replaced with ad copy.

I appreciate all of the comments more than you could realize. Please keep it coming, and don't be afraid to be tough on me! I'd rather work out all the issues now and have a great site, than have a mediocre site up quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
                    Hi
                    This still needs to come down a tad: "Without Damaging Your Credit."
                    as it is still overlapping a little.
                    Ahh, yes! I finally see it. You see, I have been working on this from the laptop, and it looks fine. However, I went to the older desktop computer, and... :(

But that's great, it's all fixed now, and thank you for pointing out exactly what went wrong!

You might want to give your page a name instead of "untitled page"
                    ( page properties - title )
                    Oh yeah, that'll be coming soon. I figure headers, titles, meta information will be added last - I still have much more keyword research to do.

and the 2 contact forms could do with a different title to tell them apart.
                    I don't understand?

Your on the right lines............so keep plugging away.

p.s. Why not buy a ready built bluevoda "newsletter" form and a
                    ready built "contact Us" form and publish them straight away to your website..........save you a lot of work and hassle......................lol

Yeah, right? Haha

You know, I've never been that handy with templates. Seems that if I can't dig in with both hands and really manipulate each detail, I tend to get frustrated. There are so many things that I don't know how to do well, that starting from scratch makes it easier for me to play to my own strengths. It's a labour of love I guess.

Comment

Hi, i should of mentioned i was viewing in Fire Fox.
                      If you click on the text box, you will see the blue tags/handles. These want pulling out just a touch to stop the text returning on its self & down 1 row.
                      This will happen if you push the handles in to much. So usual best to pull it out so all looks fine in IE, & then a touch more to let it work fine in FF.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Jason, My choice (for the text leading to the arrow) would be to narrow the text box rather than having it the width of the main text. More impact (I think) Almost like the bottom of the arrow is a continuation of the text.
                        Sandra

Comment

My website has a totally different content from yours but the set up would certainly be nearly the same. We are both beginners and have a long way to go before we hit the right approach but where your site is concern, it looks promising. You may check mine at www.scubateknix.ws. I am currently not able to edit as all of my files have just disappeared so I guess I just have to make do with what it can show. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                          X