Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life coach website :)

I would welcome a critique of this site:

Your thoughts & also let me know if you spot anything out of place etc.

(The sitemap is not in place yet and there is no SEO done on this site yet. It's not my site - I did the design & build)

* I have put in a request to have the other review thread deleted. I forgot to put in the URL & had the wrong site reviewed lol

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Life coach website :)

Nice job there matey, laid out very nice and excellent colour coordination.

One small issue. Your home page template appears to move a little from all the other pages, or the other pages move away from the home page template (whatever is the easiest to repair LOL)

It's just a slight movement of the white background and navigation links at the top as you go from page to page.

Otherwise, I really like it
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hello Neighbour,

Just a small point, you don't have a success page after you hit the submit button to your newsletter. Also, I think 'what do you want in life?' would be the question.
      We should do coffee some time since you are just up the road.
      Kind regards
      Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Comment

Hi Bluedays

I think the design is fantastic. Love the colours, love all of the graphics and the quotes. I was going to make the same comment as Alex on the do but I re read it a couple of times and realised that you had it right as the continuation of the same sentence for each of the comments.

When I saw Alex talking about coffee I thought hang on VIC is a little further away from Albury than up the road a bit. So I checked the site again to see if I had Vic as the address.

OK it is VIC & NSW so you can do coffe with Alex, but while I was checking I found that Myrtleford only rated lower case and ALBURY upper case.

Again I really do like your complete design
        Sandra

Comment

Ramsey - I'll check that tomorrow - tx (too late here in Aus right now)
          I do my homepages .html (no template) and the rest .php (template)
          Easier to adjust the homepage I think :)

Alex - yes the newsletter is one of the last things I have to look at - you get the white wall of death after hitting submit. Happy to have coffee although I live on the east coast of Australia - so east that the soil here is sand lol - so it will be a bit of a hike! (The site is not mine - I did the design only.)

Sandra - hmmm maybe I need to move the 'Helping you discover...' line closer to the bullet points below. Is it clear they are bullet points? Firefox massacred my BV circle bullet points (Damn you FF!) so I had to make my own. I do like these though.

Thanks guys!

Comment

GAds... I need a life coach.. a money coach.. a house keeper, a baby sitter....oh..

Nice website,, I dont like the bullets on the bottom outside the blue.. so.. maybe get rid of the blue and encase them all on a white one with a blue out line. They look like they are spilling off the page the way they are...

Also might think of moving that top navigation.. its pretty easy to miss... find a way to move it down and incorporate it beside or inside the header there

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Bluedays, Yes I picked them as bullet points but missed that they didn't stand alone. I looked at it and you might be able to move the 'helping you discover' down without compromising your design. It will have to come down far enough that the 'r' doesn't hit the thistle.
              Sandra

Comment

I like this site too...except for the homepage. Every page is balanced nicely but it all falls apart on your very first one. Comparing the bottom left hand side of your homepage with the same area on this one http://www.crossroadslifecoaching.ne...ng-session.php and it makes your homepage looks scruffy and unbalanced. Apart from that it's another ripper site (in my humble but often accurate opinion)
                www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Karen & Muzza - thanks for your opinion on the blue box on the homepage - can't have it looking scruffy! I tried doing a transparent png graphic with the 'dandelion seeds' bullet point but ended up losing too much of the graphic. The client likes the blue box here, so I'll have a rethink on what I can do here.

Muzza, 'ripper site' sounds so Aussie lol - not a term I see often in these forums -thank you :)

Sandra, I'll move that line to make it closer to the points below. tx for your reply!

Comment

hey watch it with the Aussie connotations... Lol...Calling a Kiwi an Aussie is like calling an American a Canadian or vice versa. They're okay to have as neighbours but I wouldn't want to be one
                    www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

No worries Muzza - I knew you were a Kiwi. (*firmly fixes Kiwi accent in brain for all future Muzza posts so that aussie terms sound all wrong* lol)
                      Nice to know we're ok neighbours ; ; ;

Okies I've gone back to a BV bullet point - just the ubiquitous plain round one this time. FF makes them reeeeeally small but at least they look the same. I've adjusted the homepage menu to match other pages & moved bullet points on the upper section of homepage.

Comment

Hey neighbour.....wadda ya mean accent? You guys have the accent !

Anyway back to the serious stuff. Bullet points look good in FF and that area looks much better. Just one more comment (sorry can't resist it)

Have you considered using either the "justify" or "Centre" option for this text?

How can life coaching help you move forward in your life?

During coaching we focus on where you are today and where you want to be in the future.

We
                        believein you. You are healthy, capable and whole....

And you
                        CAN make your dreams reality.
                        What would you like to start achieving today?

i.e. not "Align left" like you already have it but either "Centre" or "Justify". Justify sometimes stretches it out too much but when it works it looks pretty good. As it is it looks a bit heavy on the left hand side (in my humble but often accurate opinion)
                        www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

hi bluedays,

Of course those Kiwis don't have accents.......They say 'six' exactly right
                          and of course we know, Muzza, you are one of the humble ones (often accurate opinion)

At least we understand each other's (often the same Muzza) slang.

Back to the site....Bluedays I think you have fixed the blue square with the green dot points....Looks good....One suggestion, (may work & may not) I think Karen is right about the top menu and when I hovered on it your rollover green seems to stand out more. What if you transposed the colours. The only problem then is the disclaimer bar colour would upset the balance.......Maybe the colour could be split????????
                          Sandra

Comment

Ok the top menu is now green - I'll give it a bit of a road test. I much prefer the original colour (and you're right Sandra - it was meant to reflect the colour at the bottom of the pages.)
                            I tested the website with a few people and they found & used the top menu ok, but I would hate for anyone to miss it.)

Muzza that text looks right to me now (although maybe my opinion is not justified - yeah pun.) But I appreciate you taking a look at it. All helps!

Comment

You can tweak and tweak but I don't think you can do much to improve this site now. It's one of the nicest I've seen in a while. You should have a very happy client methinks
                              www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                              X