Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my new website - www.windowtomyworld.com

Dear All:

I am a newbie in web development and this is the first website that I have ever published.

Kindly review my site and all suggestions, remarks, criticisms will be very much appreciated and gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance for your time!!

Best Regards
    Skipper02

Re: Please review my new website - www.windowtomyworld.com

First thoughts-----------will it work !

logged in using a false email....

adding pages to the diary is not working after the first page has been added(blank screen)

Click where the form was originally and it appeared............

After displaying an uploaded image.....no link back.

contact form.....error message
    Please enter only digit characters in the "Please enter numbers only" field.......What numbers only field??

Update button is not working................

YOUR contact form has no return link from your thank you page.

Nice program..........needs a little more work.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

David, thanks a lot for your comments. I am in the process of testing the website and your comments are very helpful. I will fix these problems and will repost. If you have time please do review once more after I fixed the errors.

Again, thanks for your help.

Regards
      Skipper 02

Comment

OK will do................did the 2 messages get through to your email from
        your contact form ?¿
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Actually, you might be better off not fixing it -- so it doesn't work.

If you present a site like this on the net for real, you will most likely soon violate VodaHost Terms of Service, which will force them to suspend your account indefinitely.

Can you imagine how many nefarious "Registrants" will stuff your site with spam and nonsense, including the images that they can cram in as fast as possible? Not only would your site be a Spam Breeding Ground, it will potentially abuse the server resources provision your account is allotted, and possibly affect the server itself and those other VodaHost clients that reside on it....

You would be better off using a Forum foundation, and learning how to deal with that first!
          IMO
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili,

Thanks for your comments. However, I am not sure if you checked out all the features of my site. It does not allow one user access to the details of another user, so I don't understand how it can become a Spam Breeding Ground. The only email that any user can send is to me which is directed to my personal account which does not reside on vodahost. I am totally against spamming and if you see any possibility of spamming that I don't see, please let me know and I will plug it.

Coming to the question of "nefarious registrants", I don't see why anyone will upload rubbish when they can neither display it to the general public nor see what someone else has posted. Lastly, if the shared server resources truly get strained by high traffic volume, I can always switch to dedicated servers. Nowadays BlueVoda offers the services of dedicated servers. I know they cost more but I will be more than happy to use them if my site generates such volumes.

Comment

2.3) File Hosting

File hosting and file storage of any type is strictly prohibited on any and all servers within the VodaHost network. You MAY NOT use your VodaHost account as a download or file storage repository. Our services are strictly offered for website hosting only. This does NOT mean that you can not have downloads on your site. This means you can not operate a site that specializes in downloads like Download.com or similar and you may not use your VodaHost account as storage repository for MP3, games, video, audio or music files. Your account may not exceed 10% of used space in MP3, games, video, audio or music files

This is copied from the TOS and the content on your index page specifically states that you can store phone numbers, diary, etc.

Also, if the form is on your page, it goes through your vodahost server first, then to your personal account that is not on vodahost.
              Karen Williams
              Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
              X