Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some feedback?

www.myarizonaweddingphotographer.com

Just overall impression and things to improve off the bat, I am still working on some pages, so not all links are directed yet..but I would love some feedback so far.. this is my first site.. and man it is time consuming! ;)

Re: some feedback?

I like your header but there is a huge whitespace. Is that going to have a photo in it later?

I couldn't get past your homepage. I have a tool called NoScript that allows me to control what java is allowed to run on the sites I view. Yours was untrusted as I had never been on your site before so no java was allowed to run. As a result your menu on the top of the page was invisible and your menu on the side was just lines of text.

I then have to make a judgement call. Do I allow Java or not. As a customer I might decide "not" and go away. I believe you also need a text menu (probably at the bottom of the page) so those who don't want the java don't have to.

Needless to say I allowed it.

I then went to "/AboutArmonia.php".
    - I think you should remove the under lining of the names, as they look like links that aren't working. If you want to highlight them maybe try using bold font?
    - the page definition has your page too wide as well. I'd try 1000 wide as the max.

When you go to the blog you may have just lost your audience. There is no link back to your site except for the "back" key in my browser. Try linking the page by setting your target as "_blank"

"Featured weddings" doesn't do anything.

I like the look of it all so far but you have a bit of work to go yet. Keep up the good work.
    www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
    www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
    www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Hi,

I have just published my site and am in no way an expert. This is my first post responding to a question. So, please don't take my comments seriously.

1. Clean site.Easy on the eyes.Well spaced.
      2. The "A" on the header looks a bit distorted on my side. Is this intentional ? Did you use a font ? I used a png file for my logo.
      3. The picture looks very appropriate.***** and nice to look at. BTW, I notice the fingers on the left. It looks chopped off.
      4. I find the background "too white". A pastel complimentary color may help. Pictures & photography are about colors.
      5. There are ample related sites out there. Check 'em out !

Have patience and everything will fall in place. Once you get the index (home)page right, the rest will be easy. Trust me on this.

James
      www.proglaze.biz

Comment

Hi Justineo

I've just had a quick look at your site.
        I really like the clean look and choice of colours. Very easy on the eyes, and well laid out. An Excellent first attempt.
        The only negative thing (in my opinion) which I would change, would the the font size. I think it would look a lot more professional if the font size was a lot smaller on all pages, and also if the pic on the front page was a lot smaller. This is purely so it reduces the amount of scroll down for the viewer, so everything is placed more in the middle of the page.
        Otherwise, a really nice looking site, well done !
        www.psnutrition.co.uk
        Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Too much movement of your banner and navigation menu bar from page to page. Flick through the pages and watch them jump all over the place.

Otherwise nice looking website.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

thank you! I just re-did the index page, taking all point sinto consideration and I will work on the other pages by using the template now so the header and such is static :)

Comment

Hi, couple of things to watch out for is resizing your images with a photo tool/program to save getting distorted image edges.
              And look out for how your bullet list look in all browsers. The squares look like the letter "n" in fire fox. Its worth using an image to get a universal look.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,
                thanks off to choose and image :)

Comment

Your Contact function is not completed, as it appears your "Success" page has been improperly published (if at all). Although it is part of the Email Form and appears to be labeled and linked as should be, either you have not published it as .php or forgot to publish it at all, for when processing the form it appears as 404 Page Not Found.

Since you have so much vertical space overall, I would suggest making your site format come up about an inch so the bottom of your page (and your important bottom-nested inks) will always be visible to visitors "above the fold" (above 600 lines). You will discover this as being an important design feature once your traffic begins to flow in, and the traffic can be properly analyzed (which pages are more prone to Exit, and which ones visitors spend more time on than expected trying to figure things out, etc.).....

Also, you have some important Categories absent from your Links section, and have included some others which are lesser importance both to the planning Bride as well as to adding Metric SEO value to your site. Check your email (both from the site and AOL) for some suggestions.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thanks much all,
                    it has gone under a faclift and I have changed the things you have all mentioned.. it sure it a slow process bilding this thing though :)

Comment

Its looking a lot better already tho :)
                      www.psnutrition.co.uk
                      Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

great looking site. Well Done.

On your success page from the contact form, the picture on the left has a hyperlink all the way through it that is very visable "links" not sure of this intentional as it looks wrong.
                        otherwise great site
                        Craftaholic Supplies, The Home For All Your Papercraft Needs.

Comment

This is a really nice looking website.

Unfortunately if you have Java turned off then none of your menus are visible (and therefore any customer concerned with security is a lost customer)

One other thing I'm curious about - the black bar in your footer has 4 diagonal pink slashes and the word "Archives". Archives is not linked to anything but the 4 black spaces obviously are. Is there any reason why there is no text there? Note: these are the only links that do work with Java turned off but they are invisible.

Apart from that, it is a very attractive site (with Java on)
                          www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Muzza, thanks for the heads up, I had the color of my links changed to black, and didnt notice that, so the words were blending into the black footer. I changed that and you should be able to see them now.

Comment

Yep ! That takes the mystery out. Very nice job over all
                              www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                              X