Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to introduce my self first off

Greetings fellow Voda's:)

My name is Pierre James. I am interested in some honest critique for the following webspace www.yarpool.com

I appreciate your time and HONESTY.

Let me know is I can help with anything you may be in need of also?

Best regards,
    Pierre

Re: I would like to introduce my self first off

Hi Pierre,
    The yard sale picture looks fun and I like your colours. I did not quite understand what you wanted visitors to do so will only be able to comment on the first page.
    Two things first up. Your page is not centred and I had to scroll right to see it all. I am guessing, but from my initial experience, perhaps you did not build your page up against the far left (can't go any further) of your screen, then you centred which has moved it a long way right. I learnt in the forums that you also need to set your page width between 800 - 1000 in page properties. I chose 800 because it was the most common recommendation here in the forum. Th other thing is that your search box is overlapping your green and red borders in IE. I am new to a lot of this but you do need to change the title (not the name) of your home page from index to key words or phrases to help with search engines. The title is the first thing in page properties. (Right click on a blank area of your page to find)
    Hope this helps.
    Happy tweak, tweak, tweaking
    Sandra

Comment

Hi Pierre

You asked for honesty - and I would say that for something like this it's best to have a special script that pulls it all together. At the moment it's looking quite disjointed, and it's really not working.

But - it's a great concept and if you're the only site promoting yard sales for this area, your site could become very popular.
      Goodluck :)

Comment

As Sandra said above, I kind like the colours but not the different types of fonts and sizes you are using.
        The google adds is also not well placed. Keep up with the hard work!
        Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Thanks a bunch, Guys!
          I have tweaked all your requests. If there's anyone else out there with some insight I would love to hear your voice!

Thanks to those who gave there time to point out some flaws!

Sincerely,
          Pierre

Comment

Working...
          X