• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dancarr17
    Corporal

• May 2008

Websites for feedback

Hello,

I've put together some websites for my services and I'm looking for feedback if you will. I created my own template using a separate software and I simply uploaded them into the BV. I must admit I need a little more practice with content, but layout and design I'm almost there.

http://www.coresurv.com Main website

http://www.e-zeeauto.com My first client!
    "Don't let fear of failure be greater than your desire to succeed." - Anonymous
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: Websites for feedback

Just had a look at your main site
    and I like flash, but not when it distracts me from the content.

Most of your pages could do with fitting on the screen as everyone of the link pages needed just a wee scroll to see everything.

Shorten the length of the page and move the contents up just a little.

"Inside" does not mean very much when I was looking for the "Home" button, perhaps you might consider that.

What message or sales pitch are you trying to get across ?

It was not until I entered services that I found out the answer, and most clients would have left before that.

Sorry if I sound a little harsh, but you have good ideas, just need to present them a little better.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• davidundalicia
      General

• Mar 2006

Just had a 2nd look and I now see your message on the main page....dur...told you that flash distracts...............lol
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• dancarr17
        Corporal

• May 2008

Yeah...That flash is distracting...I'm actually working on a new template. As far as the page size. My monitor is one of those bus-looking CRTs. I think it's 18" or 21" so when I try to center the page, I guess I have to figure the ratio...Thanx!

Comment

• Marincky
          General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by dancarr17 View Post
          Yeah...That flash is distracting...I'm actually working on a new template. As far as the page size. My monitor is one of those bus-looking CRTs. I think it's 18" or 21" so when I try to center the page, I guess I have to figure the ratio...Thanx!
          With regards to width and centering this is simpler than you may realise.

Two golden rules:

1) Never make your website over 1000 wide. (preferably 940-980)
          2) Start the build as far over to the left as you possibly can. Don't try and make it in the middle of your website builder.

Then all you do is click 'centre in browser' within your page properties and all will be fine.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• dancarr17
            Corporal

• May 2008

Thanks for the input Manricky, but I already have that area covered. All my pages are always either set at 800 to 900 width and placed on the far left with the "centered" box checked. But what I do is actually lower the template about 1/2-1/8 in. from top to try and actually "center" the template in the middle of the screen evenly 4 ways. (Which is what I'm actually trying to figure out.) Since everyone has a different size screens.

Comment

• Marincky
              General

• Apr 2006

ahh sorry, you mean both vertically and horizontally centred... hmmm. in BV I dont think this is so simple then. I tend to always bring my sites a fraction off the top. I hate seeing sites start right from the top of the browser window. By the sounds of it you have the same type of screen as me. My sites look great on my PC but on my girlfriend's huge widescreen laptop there can be loads of space below a site page if it is say only 600-100 in height so know what you mean. I don't usually bother about this myself.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• dancarr17
                Corporal

• May 2008

My wife is like my biggest critique and when I try to start the page from the top, she always recommends that I lower it from the top. (Can't win with her) shhhhhh. lol!

Comment

Working...
                X