2 New sites that link to each other - Comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterbaldwin
    Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

2 New sites that link to each other - Comments?

Hi

Please be as critical as you can. I want these to be done right as I will just leave these two out there for my close friend, and if you read these pages, a bit of a lunatic!!! - just joking - he's just a religious guy. One of the sites will be updated as and when he gives me the info, so ---- wadda u fink?

Thanks
    Peter Baldwin
    www.thechristexperience.info
    www.thegospelofthomas.info
    www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
    www.dentacarepoland.com
  • bysandra
    Major

• Jun 2008

Re: 2 New sites that link to each other - Comments?

Hi Peter,
    Did not have time to check links etc. as the pages just load toooooooooo slow for me. after trying to check one I quit... So the only comment I can make at this stage is the background image is too large 311373bytes
    Liked the colour of the navigation buttons, header looked good. Do not have enough interest to read the text. Will check later if you can get it loading faster. BTW I am on broadband (slow broadband) so would hate to think about the speed for anyone on dial up
    Sandra

Comment

• peterbaldwin
      Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

Thanks

working on the background picture now

Peter Baldwin
      www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
      www.dentacarepoland.com

Comment

• mrmagoo144
        Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

you must have fixed the background as all the pages loaded nicely for me. i would use the background picture for the first page as you scroll down, but would continue the rest of the page with a solid color matching the red in the Christ's robe and i would make it 50% opaque. just a thought.
        good luck
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• peterbaldwin
          Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

Thanks 144 - now why did'nt I think of that? Hmmmmmm!
          Peter Baldwin
          www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
          www.dentacarepoland.com

Comment

• Karen Mac
            General

• Apr 2006

Honestly peter.. the background of Christ takes away ones ability to actually READ what you have written. Not to mention the black is not what id expect of a christian site. So if your goal is to show me a picture of Christ well done.. if you want me to actually convert or be so overwhelmed as to donate to your cause you have failed.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Muzza
              Captain

• Aug 2008

This was one of the few backgrounds that didn't interfere too much with the text over the top (although I'd prefer that it wasn't there in the first place). If you want to leave the image there I think you have to shorten the length of the page so the image only appears once.

I'm on dial-up and I think everything loaded at a reasonable rate (I was multi-tasking so I didn't take a lot of notice.)

I gave up religion a long time ago so I haven't the inclination to read the blurb. If you've done a spell check you should be okay but I would change "To conact me send emails to: thegospelofthomas@inbox.com" to "To contact me" (on the Gospel of Thomas page) but I wouldn't put my email address in - keep those evil spammers at bay - I'd put a link to an email page.

Last thought, having gone to the Gospel of Thomas page and seeing 4 or 5 successive images of Christ as a background - Take out the background, make it either white or a nice neutral colour - and replace one of the repeated images in your header of an old scroll with the image of Christ.

Now for a request - how did you get an image to appear in the address line of my browser? I've been trying but cannot find out how to do it myself (I know it's not a miracle)
              www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
              www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
              www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

• bysandra
                Major

• Jun 2008

Hi Peter,

It is quicker now (don't know if my isp was having a bad day or if you cut out some images) Just did some editing. Your Puzzle Button has a typo (know its a typo cause spelt right in the text). IMO I would move the home button to the left on your story pages. In line with where your navigation bouttons are on home page.

Here you go Muzza, in case you are back before Peter
                Favicon
                How to make a Favicon.ico and display it the browser address bar
                Sandra

Comment

• neil1980
                  Sergeant

• Sep 2008

i do tend to agree with most people on her it is a bit overwhelming the Jesus picture. When you scroll down through the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th background they are all out of line with each other so if you are going to keep this theme i would adjust that slightly.
                  Instead of having yur paypal address why not change it for a paypal button that way you not gonna get spammed by the evil spammers.
                  I personally would of liked to see a brighter sight as it does seem a bit dark for the subject matter.
                  Otherwise keep up the good work.
                  Craftaholic Supplies, The Home For All Your Papercraft Needs.

Comment

• karenwms63
                    Colonel

• Feb 2008

I would change the background color from black to a some variation of blue...this image has always been associated with salvation and serenity....blue conveys this message better.
                    Karen Williams
                    Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

• Muzza
                      Captain

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by bysandra View Post

Here you go Muzza, in case you are back before Peter
                      Favicon
                      How to make a Favicon.ico and display it the browser address bar

Thanks for that Bysandra. Much appreciated. Finally got it to work, now I'm going to try and create a better favicon
                      www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                      www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                      www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                      X