• Show
Clear All
  • waggers
    Corporal

• Oct 2008

Re: Review my site

Originally posted by bysandra View Post
    Hey Waggers,
    If you use spell check with Australian, New Zealand or UK English your spelling is correct (as you already pointed out). As your site is mainly aimed at Anzacs I would not change the spelling, just my opinion. I imagine a lot of the blokes who may use the site probably studied at the same time or earlier than me. So keep favourites.
    Love the site, I agree about music normally, but Anzac Day is my favourite patriotic day of the year and 'Click go the shears' works for me. Aside from that, choices for websites need to consider the demographic they are aimed at. If you had music on a sales site I would click away immediately. Never did like Muzak (even worse now when you never actually get to speak to a real person on the phone) and we all have different tastes.
    One question. Why the heck do you need the paymasters name? Did he miss you out?
    Hi bysandra,

Thanks for your wonderfully candid review of the site. It's pleasing to know that it was a somewhat worthwhile expenditure of your time, especially if you liked the music!

On the subject of 'Favourites'/'Favorites' I've decided to go along with the spelling used by IE as that is the spelling visitors will find on their IE browser. I guess it's a case of "bite your tongue" and "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

I feel I have found a kindred spirit in our mutual dislike of that which has annoyed generations . . . Muzak. And if you were ever unfortunate enough to be put on hold to 'tubular bells' you might begin to understand one possible reason for the increase in suicides. (Just kidding, I think ???)
    Anyway, I digress.

The name of the Paymaster is a question that was asked of me by a mate with whom I served. I couldn't remember so I thought I'd put it to the Forum, hoping for an answer, so that I might be able to answer his question.
    But NO, the Paymaster didn't miss me out. He just didn't pay me enough !!!

Thank you ever so much for your review. It is genuinely appreciated.

Regards,
    waggers

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, sites looking great.
      If your musical? try looking at much of Mike Oldfield's Tubular bells music "backwards".
      He was on a UK program just a few months back & played the original classical rendition as normal & then backwards. Hay presto! backwards it was Tubular Bells.
      Just cant remember what the original classic orchestral piece was. LOL

Good luck with the site.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• waggers
        Corporal

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
        Hi, sites looking great.
        If your musical? try looking at much of Mike Oldfield's Tubular bells music "backwards".
        He was on a UK program just a few months back & played the original classical rendition as normal & then backwards. Hay presto! backwards it was Tubular Bells.
        Just cant remember what the original classic orchestral piece was. LOL

Good luck with the site.
        Hi Chris,
        Thanks for your comments.
        I'm not very musical but will check out the "backwards" version of tubular bells.
        Regards

Comment

Working...
        X