• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevecl
    Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Please Critique My Website

Hi,

Can i please have some feedback on my latest website.

Do you like the style?
    Content?
    Colours?
    Font size?

Thanks in advance
    Steve
  • karenwms63
    Colonel

• Feb 2008

Re: Please Critique My Website

who is i4.timg dot com (in my status bar) that is draggin your page load time to the infinity?........I can see your page with no problem, but my status bar says something is coming but nothing comes?

and when I close window and try again, it reads "read i4.timg dot com" (in my status bar) but nothing is happening? I have my browser set to refresh every time, not reload cache...........

Yeah, I'm a noob, but got questions...........

Your site has a menu bar that includes Contact as a page BUT there is not a page there!!!!

Your Privacy Policy and Terms are not legally liable as you only show an email address...this could be grounds for suit......for a privacy policy or terms of use policy to be legally binding it must include your mailing address and phone number somewhere on your site. And without either of these posted somewhere on your site, then your disclaimer is not valid either.

Ok aside from the fact that I am no expert, where do you see trust in your site that you are genuine?

Not intending to insult but to help you see what people need to feel safe.
    Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

• karenwms63
      Colonel

• Feb 2008

I apologize for sounding harsh.......it is not my intention!
      Karen Williams

Comment

• stevecl
        Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Thanks karen,

"who is i4.timg dot com (in my status bar) that is draggin your page load time to the infinity?........I can see your page with no problem, but my status bar says something is coming but nothing comes?"

I have just checked the html code and can't see anything in odd in their. It might ne the youtube video at the bottom of the home page that takes time to load.

The contact page should open up outlook express so no page necessary.

I will work on the other stuff you suggested.

steve

Comment

• karenwms63
          Colonel

• Feb 2008

Hey Steve,

I think you might be absolutely correct on the you tube thingy...LOL ...forgive my lack of the correct terminology.

If you have it on your menu bar, navigation bar, etc., it needs to be a page on your site..............not a link to their email program.

MIND YOU>>>>>>>>>>>

I posted MY thread in vodachat before you posted your site to be reviewed so please do not be offended.........its my personal problem...........

You should not assume that people want their email opened cause I do not use outlook and those who are having computer problems do not want you to open their email program either......contact menu item should go to a page on your site............period. Believe me, this is one of those I'm spitting at my monitor things.............(hissing, growling, whatever you do when things are not to your expectations and seriously grinding your behind) ....

If a site is legit, there is no problem posting the mailing address at the minimum...and does wonders for your integrity just by being there.
          Last edited by karenwms63; 10-03-2008, 10:14 AM. Reason: clarification
          Karen Williams

Comment

• rangaz007
            First Lieutenant

• Jun 2008

Hi Steve

Just had a look at your site.
            I really like it. Excellent choice of colours, nicely laid out, nice and clean, and extremely easy to navigate. Well done !
            www.psnutrition.co.uk
            Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Working...
            X