• Show
Clear All
  • DM Owner
    First Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Review, Testing of Almost Complete Site

Hello,

I have worked most of my problems out on my website
    www.digitalizedmemories.com It is not fully complete however I would like some reviews on this.

Also, for some reason I have completed my form and it sends the data correctly to my email so it is working HOWEVER, my success and error pages do not display? I have made a page "success" in blue voda and published it and an "error" page in the same fashion but they do not display correctly. Any ideas?

I do realize that there are no products on my products pages as I am waiting for legal permission to put images from microsoft, amd, hp, etc. I am an affliate of all the icons listed on my site but want the legal parts free and clear before I post them.

Any ideas, suggestions, comments etc. are all welcome. Please dont sugar coat anything I need HONEST reviews.

TY for your time and input
    Robert Campbell
    Digitalized Memories
  • nzbr
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Dec 2006

Re: Review, Testing of Almost Complete Site

We can't see much, Robert.
    Maybe you should keep working on it and come back here with more content.

Cheers,
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

• DM Owner
      First Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

The only pages without information should be the product pages as I am working with my affliate companies. There are several other pages worth viewing. I would like comments on those please. If they are not showing up on your end please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

• nzbr
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Dec 2006

When you have lot's to read like in your 'services' page I think it's a bit hard on the eyes. Maybe it's just me, but I would stick to black on white, which I beleive is the easier combination. It's ok in your 'contact' page - still a bit shiny if you know what I mean.

Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

• DM Owner
          First Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

ok thanks but I have been told that when there is alot to read the black on white is actually harder on the eyes due to the brightness of the white.

do you have any suggestions for search engine submission to get higher rankings? I know how to submit to seach engines but being on the 354th page (for example) of a search engine doesnt get you much attention.

-Thanks

Comment

• Muzza
            Captain

• Aug 2008

Just looking at your services page my comments are:

- I've played around with coloured backgrounds over the years and my feeling is that they are very hard to get right (especially dark colours). I have see 2 websites in the last 3 days using white on black and they were done very well but I think they are the exception. I personally use black on white now.

- Your page looks very heavy with the dark background plus the use of very elongated glass buttons as Headers or Titles all the way down the page. I think you need to find another way of doing it but the use of the dark background narrows your options.

- The use of the orange titles are effective but by underlining them they might get confused with links that are not working.

One last thing, beware the evil spammers - don't advertise your email address. On your Contact page (and Homepage) you have your email address in clear text plus a contact form. I suggest using the contact form to get people to send you emails without disclosing your address. Once you've qualified them as real customers then you can exchange emails freely but until then keep it hidden.
            www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
            www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
            www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

• DM Owner
              First Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Very true,

I think I may keep my email hidden now that you mentioned it but one thing that is good (on some scale) is if I am getting spam replys that means my website is being found on the net.

Time to decide the lesser of the two evils.

Thanks again to all reviewers,

Robert Campbell
              Digitalized Memories

Comment

• Muzza
                Captain

• Aug 2008

You don't want spammers attention. Do you really want to troll through hundreds of emails trying to find a potential clients?

To get noticed by the search engines you need to get your ranking up. In Firefox you can find your google rating by downloading an add-on called PageRank. It's taken me 6 months but I've finally got my rating up to 3/10 which is good but I'm working hard to get to 4/10. Considering Google sites get 8/10 and some really popular news sites get 7/10 I think I'm doing okay.

I get websites that have some sort of relationship with my site to link to me, I use AdWords to get me into areas my site may not be raking very high in and in my profile on Vodahost I load my website address into my "signature".

All these help towards lifting your profile. Then you've got to play with your keywords, Meta tags, content and on it goes.

One thing to note adding your address into your signature and doing lots of posts really helps. It took 100 posts but each of those posts added a link to my site which boosted my rating from 2/10 to 3/10.
                www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

• nzbr
                  Lieutenant Colonel

• Dec 2006

....and the most important thing: content! Lot's of good content in your site. And, when it's possible, keep updating it!

Cheers,
                  N Z B R
                  t o u r s
                  New Zealand Tours
                  Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                  Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

Hi, only a personal view. I find the white on blue harder to read than just plain old black on white. Even blue text on white background is easy on the eyes. Always worth looking around at the big boys sites & see what they have done, as you can guarantee they have spent a lot of time & money trying to get it right for all visitors. They will also take into account visitors with certain disability's like colour blindness.
                    Always build the site for your clients/visitors.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• DM Owner
                      First Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Thanks,

To all that gave suggestions. I think after I finish this site I will rework it again changing some colors. I do wanna get this site entirely up and operatable as soon as possible so if you dont see color changes etc. sometime soon dont think your opinions have gone unnoticed.

More suggestions are always welcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X