Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my new site

Hi all,

Can you kindly have a look at my new site and perhaps give me a few pointers. It's my first try at building a website so any help is appreciated.

My website is www.portret.is, it's in Icelandic so I'm guessing that you wont be doing much reading there..

Anyways, the site is about selling oil portraits and I'm trying to show many samples on the site. After I discovered the light box I just can't bring myself to use other other means to show the pictures. I just love how the light box feature works.

Now I think I might have added to many pictures as just the index page is 1964 kb and most of the other pages are simular in size.

I will add some galleries later to show more pictures and that can be done with thumbnails but I feel I should have these sample pictures on the index page and the first few pages following it.

Can you please give me some feedback on how the site loads for you?

With thanks,

gmark
    www.portret.is

Re: Please review my new site

Since I cannoy read it someone that can understand the language maybe better to tell you if you have the right amount of info for the search engine such as keywords and phases for to be picked up . I did notice that some of your pages are titled about the same which is not good each page should have it's own unique keyword or phases in it. I would also look up here in the forum about the right click option where if you right click on say a picture they cannot copy it and use it somewhere else, just search in the top of the forum for searches. Also I would also try and cut down on some of the higher kb images to load quicker there are many people out there that still use dial up and it will take a while for it to load for them. Nice site good luck with it.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

I like your layout. I also agree that you could resize some of the images.
      On screen any resolution higher than 72 p/p is a waist. I'am on a dsl line, it took around 1 minute to load.

Comment

Thank you for your comments jkadin and narobe,

1 minute is far to long time for a page to load, I'll better make changes. I hadn't done all the titles yet for the pages but I'll get it done now.

Thanks,

gmark
        www.portret.is

Comment

Hi gmark,
          I like your restained colour scheme. Displays your artwork well. Your pages appear to be different widths as I had to scroll sideways on some. I learnt here in the forums that page width needs to be 800 - 1000 but as more people suggested 800 that is what I did. Go into page properties and set all widths exactly the same and select the centre option. Then if you build your page up against the left side your banner will centre in each page at the same place.
          Sorry could not read, but I like your animal portraits. Very classic type poses. Good luck with the tweaking
          Sandra

Comment

Hi gmark,
            Since I can't read you website I can only give you what I think may be things that need to be fixed.
            The nav bars on each page are not the same. They range from 8 bars to 6 bars. Maybe this is intentional???
            One page 1 there is a small landscape pic above the landscape pic??
            On page 2 some pics are click-able some not??? Page 3 the same.
            On page 4 there is a large space above the pics. You might want to fix this.
            Page 6 has some english off to the right that you need to scroll to in order to read it. Looks like it really doesn't belong in this website. Are you building an english version that maybe this go mixed up with?
            The format, colors etc. look really good!

Paul

Comment

looks great

Comment

Thanks for the advice,

I'm changing to thumbnails now.
                www.portret.is

Comment

Working...
                X