Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Comment On My New Site

Thanks in advance for your comments.
    I am curious if the LOCAL banner opens to your area.It is on the left panel towards bottom.

Thanks Again
    OldTimer45

Re: Please Comment On My New Site

Wow, what a nice site, very inviting.

Comment

Yes, the LOCAL banner opened OK
      but
      Madrid is hardly local to the Balearics.(Palma de Mallorca)................lol

Your site is looking good.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Cool XOOPS site! .... did you do it yourself, or did the MAITSCO guys do it for you?

I like the addition of the Yellow Pages Local Rotator ..... adds more "interactive value" than a traditional lame-brain Google tool, IMO.

However, there are too many issues regarding the intrusion by scripts (my system screens them, but leave notices that they are trying to self-activate .... could be scripts of the "local" items attempting to "identify" my IP or something else to create the "localization" of the ads --- I am anonymous online), which not only are becoming more of an issue with the mushrooming implementation of "verified links" by most browsers, but on page loads also: they cause breaks in User/Vierwer function as the 'update' aspect interrupts the browser's function.
        * Something you should really address, either yourself (if you did the XOOPS setup) or your designers.

I can only imagine how many visitor's system will freeze or hang, being unfamiliar with how to read the site without the benefit of advanced User settings for browsers being configured....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili and others! Thanks for you comments. The Theme is MAITSCO but I did all the set-ups. I will work on the problems you have layed out.

Thanks
          OldTimer45

Comment

They aren't problems until you see that they really are there and are having an effect.

My mentions were observations, based on my system (which may not present in other's).
            It is becoming more obvious in the last 4-6 months, however, that many of the popular scripts myself and others have used on our websites for functions (which were all deemed benign) have become somehow an issue with the many updates being distributed to all the browsers and OS out there as they try to introduce their own spin on "verified links" and "site validity": it's as if there is a movement to unfairly characterize coding that does not originate from the Big Boys, as if they are sneakily trying to nudge us to only using scripting or coding that has been purchased (and ultimately labeled as "secure"/safe) from them! I wonder how that bodes for anything "Open Source" and the move to universal net construct?

Dig in to see if there is another, more updated version available for you .... especially if you are subscribing (paying) to any service from them.....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi,

Yes when I check your site I do get a local read out of, currently gas prices, in my area.

-Hope this helps

-DM

Comment

oldtimer45 ..I checked out your site really good site...I would like to copy your design for the sides with the checker patterning to get rid of too much white on my own site...I tried a background colour in blue voda builder but it covered the entire browser... would you be able to let me know how to get that same effect you have on the sides of your web page please. www.mtmpublishing.info

Comment

MTM Sorry I have never worked with Bluevoda. My site was built with Xoops and a pre made theme. Maybe someone will jump in and answer your question for you.

OldTimer45

Comment

if you want just the sides to be a background, i would make a generic image lets say 250 x 200 pixels and put them on each side. now if you set your site at 800 pixels left to right and you have 250 pixels on each side = 500 pixels + 800 = 1300 pixels left to right so that should accomodate all monitor settings. i dont think there are too many sites that are set up with more than 1300 pixels left to right. hope this helps
                    mrmagoo144
                    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi...very interesting site... but first time i see your site its make me shock because i think you build this website using bluevoda website builder... buat its a good website
                      www.bluelemonstudio.com

Comment

Working...
                      X