Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to tell the web

Hi fellow BV's,
    Please view www.bisjl.com and advise if any problems are found. I know there may be two links not finished.
    All comments welcomed,

Thank you,
    Phillip

Re: Time to tell the web

Hi chains
    League Rules comes up as script not as a document.
    Doug

Comment

Thanks Doug I have saved the file as a pdf now
      Phillip

Comment

Off to a good start (trying to soften things rather than come on too harsh!).

Personally, I do not like selecting different nav buttons only to end up at the same place: rather than have different forums for different purposes, you have one forum under the guise of different buttons. The SE's will also pick this up as a bad strategy (Link Stacking), and will penalize your site accordingly.

I also wonder why you would include a link to VodaHost as one of such importance that you place it within the core Links for the site itself? All links toward the top of the page score more value than footer links, for example. Another questionable risk to the SE's, Im afraid, since it is an outbound link and does not contribute to overall site relevancy by filling in to provide a hard (natural) link to Content -- which is supposed to provide the core foundation for relevance thoughout.

Seeing these types of gaps oin the accepted web "logic" and design standards makes me stop dead in my tracks. I would be happy to re-review your site when these issues are resolved, and that's why I say "great start"! You will no doubt be compsoing a lot of Content and loading it in the next week or so, and that will relieve the precarious situation presently seen.

Keep at it!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Description:Description relevancy to page content is very poor.
          The Description relevancy to page content is 40%.
          Keywords:Keyword relevancy to page content is terrible. However, this is not necessarily bad if you have a lot of content. The most important factor is to have your keywords on the page a few times.
          The keywords relevancy to page content is 20%.
          Robots:Found no robots meta tag.
          This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page. Author:Found no author meta tag.
          This tag is not really required but helps for your (company) name recognizing.
          James Acobas

Comment

LOL James ..... I do not rely on 'utilities' to tell me what I should be able to see for myself!

Comment

Hi Phillip,

Please take these comments with a grain of salt...
              Navigation was tough. The nav bars need some work but let me start with your "index" page. The header, IMHO, might look better with a different font and style but first I would consider changing it to read something like "Welcome to the Brunswick Bowling (Organization, Society, Group ???) - Home of the Invitational, Shield, and Junior Leagues"
              You might want to consider re-arranging your nav bars to have "About Us" as your first one followed by Invitational, Shield, Junior, Tournaments, Contact Us, then Sponsorship (why separate Sponsor???) and Classified.
              On the right side I would dump BlueVoda and the BlueVoda link at the bottom.
              On the Invitational page you have "sponsorship" again that when clicked on brings up email "new message" ??? When I clicked on the "Profile" page I got "page not found". Again, some work on the Header would help and you need to remove the BlueVoda links.
              I don't have time tonight to look into the rest of it but I think I would just find more of what I tried to outline here. I hope this helps.
              Paul

Comment

Thank you guys for the cristisim, I will look into all the points mentioned. As this is my first attempt I now can see were I need to improve.
                Phillip

Comment

We are glad to lend our eyeballs!

Comment

Working...
                  X