Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Evolved Site

Would like any feedback on my re-designed site. www.ornametals1.com
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Evolved Site

Hi, like the style & feel of the site, but need to reduce your image sizes to get faster loading pages. The front page is one of the smaller pages in kb's, but this is at over 2 meg.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Ornametals
      Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks Chris, Is there a way to Maximize picture quality (I sell Quality) without having tiny little pictures? My site is designed with DSL in mind and I know it is not "Dial-up" friendly. Is there a way to "Clock" my sites loading time? It loads pretty fast for me. I have also been trying to do better with SEO, any help there would be great!
      Again Thanks for the input.

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, things like Wrought Iron Gates, fencing get distorted & are notoriously difficult to look good on web pages. A similar thing happens with tiled roofs as well.
        I haven't seen the original images, but it looks like you may of over reduced the pixels to start with & then used those little blue tags on the side of the images to reduce the physical size. This will create a second amount of distortion & still have too many kb's.
        As for clocking, you can only make your web pages as friendly as possible for all to see. As for loading fast on your machine, the site will seem to load fast as it already has the images in your machines cache & hasn't got to down load them for a 2nd time.
        As for the SEO there is a good read at this link.
        If you need a hand with the images. pop a post back here.

Good luck.

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Ornametals
          Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks Chris, You are right about using the handle bars to reduce the imported image. Being that my photos are all different dementions, how can I keep the quality and reduce kb's? Also if I clear my cache, cookies, etc. will that give me a true "load time"? Thanks for the link for SEO, i have been trying all and any SEO suggestions I can get my hands on (for free of course) and it seems to be working. Thanks again, Tom

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Hi, it may sometimes involve a little cropping of the image as you may end up with distortion with out doing this. I noticed that you are also saving you images as gifs & think you would find a bit more flexibility & quality saving as jpeg. Gif is more often used for electronic art work like a BV shape & jpeg is used for photo's
            But it might be worth a read of the links in my signature for some image tips.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• nzbr
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Dec 2006

Hi ornametals,

Nice site but I personally don't like white text on black background -hard reading.
              And in your 'about us' page the text is overlapping (by the middle area of the page). I'm using FF.

Cheers,
              N Z B R
              t o u r s
              New Zealand Tours
              Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
              Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
              Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
              Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Working...
              X