• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kccakes
    Private First Class

• Jun 2008

Looking for some constructive feedback...Cake site

Hey,
    This is still sort of a work in progress, and it's the first site I've ever designed, but I'd like to hear what could be done to improve it ?
    Note there is music...do you like it or not ?

www.cakessogood.com

Cheers,
    Kat
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Looking for some constructive feedback...Cake site

Hi Kat,

excellent site, great work! There is a bit of a delay between loading pages, try removing the music and seeing if that speeds it up.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, nice looking site. Ditto with loosing the music or getting the file size down. Your images could do with a lot of reduction as well. (Especially the background image)

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Excellent site design, Katherine!

Apparently you downed the music, because none played for me?

The only thing I saw that might be "improved" would be the non-traditional navigation: you leave visitors no option but to return to Home or to the next page in the section.

I also noticed that there might be some earlier pages (under construction pages) still under your current pages .... did you not delete them? When left under other pages, they help contribute to the overall page load time, so removing them not only will speed things up but they will not also be potential negative values when read by the bots and the SE's when they grade your conformity to their Perfect page model.

Your images are excellent, and do "communicate" perfectly, thus allowing your minimal content to score nearly 100% with regard to relevancy. Good titles also.

Very, very nice! Congratulations.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X