• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • READ photography
    Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Ok I think its ready!

Read photography here. I think my website is ready now. I took the advice you gave me made my font smaller on my links and i used the same template for most of my pages. Please let me know what you think. I can take the critisism. I'm just so excited that i made my own website. thanks everyone!
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: Ok I think its ready!

do you have a link for us?
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• READ photography
      Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Yes! Duh! www.readphotography.ca

Comment

• jkadin
        Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

First off you got to go by the forum rule which can be read on top of the forum. One thread for view of same website.The site looks good. on your home page on the column on the left below photograpy theres a hidden url that comes up not found. Your menu bar on details is more to the right keep it uniformed from page to page. Your titles of pages needs work add keywords and phase's that are unique.Also your menu bar on investments are towards the right. Your phot's if you want to protect them from othersites using them use a watermark on them. Since you are doing a business you need a policy page this will protect you. Another thing is the colr scheme keep it consisten from page to page. Other than that your off to a good start.
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

• karenwms63
          Colonel

• Feb 2008

The index page is great!

The layout is good!

But this screams the twilight zone Page

It does not follow the flow of your site...huh?
          Karen Williams
          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

• karenwms63
            Colonel

• Feb 2008

If you mark each page with a copyright notice, with a date, you can claim violations, if that ever crops up....(keeping in mind that this is a self-indulgent waste of time cause the only ones stealing your photos will probably not be your customers...and if they are...well, it's the world wide web...you show it...you put it up for grabs...). You should use photos that you would not worry about, that show your talent. But all in all, the site is very pleasing. Just keep the pages uniform. See my post above.
            Karen Williams

Comment

• Marincky
              General

• Apr 2006

I must admit this is a real grudge bear of mine, the amount of people looking to market their business online who for some unkown reason, fail to tell people where they are or leave it to the visitor to have to search out this info.

Let's say I am looking for a photographer. Trust me, If I don't see that you are in my area within 2 seconds of me opening your home page then I am out of there... and I am sure I speak for many website visitors.

I don't want to read all about how good you are, look at stunning photography... only to find out 20 minutes later you live 26,000 miles from me?

This is what Your home page is for.... It's YOUR shop window... If I don't like what I see in the window then I am not coming in.

This is what your page titles are for: 'Ontario Portrait Photographer' etc etc.

Because you make your website at home, doesn't mean just people in your neighbourhood (that's the English spelling) will see your website.

It is not unlikely (unknown) that people as far as japan, Australia, Iceland, Wales!! (Maybe not wales).... will visit your website... you don't really need and you probably certainly can't cater to their requirements, so why try to entice them?

Obviously if you have a website selling products or a service worldwide most of the above does not count. But speaking on behalf of the photographers I have made sites for, town, county and maybe two or three surrounding counties will suffice.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• karenwms63
                Colonel

• Feb 2008

And this is where SEO begins! Targeting your customers with the info about yourself, place, service area, etc....ON the index page. Whoever said it was easy, was fibbing (too put it mildly). Like Ramsey said, if you are not where you can knock on my door, then I need to know it...regardless of what page of your site that I land on! So your contact details really should be on every page of your site because of the business you are in.

I was trying to help with the linear knowledge of the linking that you were not getting but exposing you to the other aspects at the same time. It is very clinical, this website thing....logic...linear...specifics...linking. It is an exact science, contrary to popular belief!
                Karen Williams

Comment

Working...
                X