• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mybizonline.net.nz
    Private First Class

• Dec 2008

Please Check My Site and help me right

Hi all, This is my first attempt ever and this is what I have managed to achieve to date. I know I am a long way off yet but this is where the rubber meets the road and I want to get it right first time. Site http:mybizonline-nz.net/index.html Thank you for your time in anticipation. Regards Bill.
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: Please Check My Site and help me right

Hello Bill

I think you have done very well and I will gladly give you my thoughts from a layout point of view.

Starting with the 'index page' The second, repeated image, top right of banner, i would remove as it kind of looks plonked there.

The text on your index page looks like it could be spread out some what. You have plenty of space to the right. Grab the text box and move it across and while you are at it move it down as well.

I counted 5 text colours, I would probably reduce that to 2 or 3 for a more proffesional finish.

When I clicked on your pages, I thought the layout seemed easier on the eye, although I would have prefered to see the same banner as on the index page. You also have moved the navigation buttons from the left to the top so for me visiting your site I thought I left your site as I got a little disorientated.

Remember to centre your pages. Your index page appears fine (but check it). Your others are definately to the left. Right click these pages>page properties>tick centre in browser and republish. BV will centre these automatically for browser viewing.

As I said I think you've done great so far but my advice would be to decide on a theme and stick to it and don't go mad on too many text colours. My favourite page for readability is your about us page.

All the best

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• Mybizonline.net.nz
      Private First Class

• Dec 2008

Darren Thank you very much I will attend to these issues. I appreciate your feedback. Regards, Bill

Comment

• buellboytjie
        Private

• Dec 2008

Hi Bill ,

Think for a first bash it looks great ....how long did it take you?, must agree about the numerous colours though....liked the quote from CJR.

Good luck !

Comment

Working...
        X