No announcement yet.

FEEDBACK is always a good thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A feedback is always a good thing...

Hi David, and thank you for taking another "peek" !

What did you expect ? LOL...
    Of course I do take comments seriously.

Concerning the "to get" instead of "got"...
    I already changed it, as soon as you told me to,
    that fourth of april....

:P

Have a good day too.

Comment

OK, then I must have looked at 1 of the "Claim" pages.......Ah, yes, I see that BOTH of them have the same problem :)
      .....later,
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I am uploading more and more Free Caricatures on this page.

By doing so, this page becomes longer, and longer, and longer...

What do you advise me to do ?

(I thought about using something like thumbnail pictures,
        that enlarge themselves once clicked upon,
        but I want to be sure ANYBODY could still do
        a "right-click" on any caricature, in order to save/share it.)

So, is it OK :

_to keep on adding caricatures in this "savage" way ?

or...

_to find another display solution ?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scythian View Post
          Before that, my site had too many pages,
          and people didn't visit all of them, so I decided
          to put all the info in one place : the home page.
          I will work on the length too.
          Your Index page should pack all the punch possible, to pique the interest of the Visitor and to provide easy means for them to drill in according to their particular interest.
          It should instantly communicate the Purpose, the Uniqueness, and the "readiness" of the site to fulfill the motivation of each Visitor --- which is why they arrived in the first place: the common tactic is to rely on graphical expressions (to capitalize on the 'eye candy' effect) moreso than text, which emphasizes the intelligent site design of using more pages that are each more focused on specific topics .... which can be a useful tool as well in developing a more effective website over time (more on this in a bit).

With the option of having more pages that are smaller and more specifically focused on a narrow interest comes the freedom of Visitors to follow their own interest as far as they desire, instead of picking 'nuggets' out of a larger pile only to feel as if there should be more or better composed resources. This psychology also supports the "15 second Rule" which is founded on the reality that Visitors will make up their mind whether to drill in or abandon a site within the first 15 seconds upon arrival ..... this is the basis, actually, for the guideline to keep pages shorter and more "first impression" worthy, for it will take about 5 seconds for a Visitor to emotionally react to a site's layout, colors, and "feel," and another 10 seconds for the brain to register the import of the images and 'eye candy' to determine whether the is potential for their satisfaction to be met on the site. You have to ascertain how much text needs to be read and how long it takes to mentally assemble the collage to get your "message" and that certainly dictates a minimal of text (who is going to read all that dribble?) in favor of a masterfully crafted 'splash page' ---- which is what your Index page is supposed to be .... as expected in a Book: a taste of what's to come, what's inside.
          > If an abundance of Navigational choices are present, Visitors can quickly 'interact' with the site to find the level of possible satisfaction present by locating the details they are really seeking and then easily go to the page that promises to present the Content they wish to browse. This is how a shorter, more tightly composed page becomes more effective, and dictates the Navigational Form of a website to becoming more "User-Friendly" and servicable. (It also helps support good optimization strategies, if navigation is textual and not dynamic)

Now ... back to how having shorter and more web pages can be one of the most effective 'tools' in your arsenal to tweak performance out of your evolving site: if your pages are simply "modules" of Content broken up across more 'destinations' rather than sections of a long composition, for instance, your Site Stats will reveal those pages (sections) which are more appealing to Visitors, and the time spent on pages will indicate which ones are satisfying or may need better tweaking. If it is a complicated page, or a Conversion page, it is understandable that Visitors may engage the Content a bit slower, or with a greater sense of acuity --- they don't want to make a mistake, or commit in error. If, however, the page is innocuous or only semi-important and Visitors are spending more time on them unexpectedly, it may be either the Content is composed in a manner that is awkward or inexpressive (something wrong with it), OR that this may indicate the page contains more of the kernal of value than you expected, that this is may relate to your "niche"/relevancy that is pulling in traffic, and could possibly be successfully expanded or blended with another section that is closely related (this way you increase relevancy on a single page as well as eliminate a poorly performing one, which could possibly be replaced or substituted with all-new Content .... to continue to respond to Visitor trends as you refine your site altogether).

Understand?

It truly is advisable to keep you pages near the 800x600 (max advised 975x750) standard, so everything that is important is always 'above the fold' and immediately visible to Visitors the instant they arrive. In your case, this may require you to reduce the size of your images, or better, to create a true "flow" to your site layout, integrating more elements into a 'collage' rather than merely placed hither-thither on a blank canvas. Play to the instinctual and emotional predisposition of your Visitors (but do not shock or abuse), and you will likely get the predictable results everyone strives to attain all at once. Use colors, lines, and modular construction to "tie" things together --- make a PAGE. I merely suggest using auto-functions to indicate trends and to then be prepared to respond to the indications with a minimum of thinking ..... use the tools you have, and make the effort toward refinement so you earn the results you can take credit for!

Maybe within this perspective all the chiding and urging of your peers to follow standards and the encouragment to diligently duplicate success makes more sense?

Good Luck .... You're off to a good start by keeping things simple. Now it's time to make simple shine!

Methinks you will give a big sigh and undertake a whole new task of redesign to apply these principles. It is worth the effort, trust me!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: FEEDBACK is always a good thing!

Hear, hear........good idea
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I love the Caricatures, but the website design seems a bit dated. I actually thought this before while going through your page and just forgot to mention it.

I also believe the website seems a bit busy and many pages are too long.

I would find a good viewer program to place those great designs. I think your website needs work to be worthy to hold those fantastic caricatures.
              Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Your Index page should pack all the punch possible, to pique the interest of the Visitor and to provide easy means for them to drill in according to their particular interest.
                It should instantly communicate the Purpose, the Uniqueness, and the "readiness" of the site to fulfill the motivation of each Visitor --- which is why they arrived in the first place: the common tactic is to rely on graphical expressions (to capitalize on the 'eye candy' effect) moreso than text, which emphasizes the intelligent site design of using more pages that are each more focused on specific topics .... which can be a useful tool as well in developing a more effective website over time (more on this in a bit).

With the option of having more pages that are smaller and more specifically focused on a narrow interest comes the freedom of Visitors to follow their own interest as far as they desire, instead of picking 'nuggets' out of a larger pile only to feel as if there should be more or better composed resources. This psychology also supports the "15 second Rule" which is founded on the reality that Visitors will make up their mind whether to drill in or abandon a site within the first 15 seconds upon arrival ..... this is the basis, actually, for the guideline to keep pages shorter and more "first impression" worthy, for it will take about 5 seconds for a Visitor to emotionally react to a site's layout, colors, and "feel," and another 10 seconds for the brain to register the import of the images and 'eye candy' to determine whether the is potential for their satisfaction to be met on the site. You have to ascertain how much text needs to be read and how long it takes to mentally assemble the collage to get your "message" and that certainly dictates a minimal of text (who is going to read all that dribble?) in favor of a masterfully crafted 'splash page' ---- which is what your Index page is supposed to be .... as expected in a Book: a taste of what's to come, what's inside.
                > If an abundance of Navigational choices are present, Visitors can quickly 'interact' with the site to find the level of possible satisfaction present by locating the details they are really seeking and then easily go to the page that promises to present the Content they wish to browse. This is how a shorter, more tightly composed page becomes more effective, and dictates the Navigational Form of a website to becoming more "User-Friendly" and servicable. (It also helps support good optimization strategies, if navigation is textual and not dynamic)

Now ... back to how having shorter and more web pages can be one of the most effective 'tools' in your arsenal to tweak performance out of your evolving site: if your pages are simply "modules" of Content broken up across more 'destinations' rather than sections of a long composition, for instance, your Site Stats will reveal those pages (sections) which are more appealing to Visitors, and the time spent on pages will indicate which ones are satisfying or may need better tweaking. If it is a complicated page, or a Conversion page, it is understandable that Visitors may engage the Content a bit slower, or with a greater sense of acuity --- they don't want to make a mistake, or commit in error. If, however, the page is innocuous or only semi-important and Visitors are spending more time on them unexpectedly, it may be either the Content is composed in a manner that is awkward or inexpressive (something wrong with it), OR that this may indicate the page contains more of the kernal of value than you expected, that this is may relate to your "niche"/relevancy that is pulling in traffic, and could possibly be successfully expanded or blended with another section that is closely related (this way you increase relevancy on a single page as well as eliminate a poorly performing one, which could possibly be replaced or substituted with all-new Content .... to continue to respond to Visitor trends as you refine your site altogether).

Understand?

It truly is advisable to keep you pages near the 800x600 (max advised 975x750) standard, so everything that is important is always 'above the fold' and immediately visible to Visitors the instant they arrive. In your case, this may require you to reduce the size of your images, or better, to create a true "flow" to your site layout, integrating more elements into a 'collage' rather than merely placed hither-thither on a blank canvas. Play to the instinctual and emotional predisposition of your Visitors (but do not shock or abuse), and you will likely get the predictable results everyone strives to attain all at once. Use colors, lines, and modular construction to "tie" things together --- make a PAGE. I merely suggest using auto-functions to indicate trends and to then be prepared to respond to the indications with a minimum of thinking ..... use the tools you have, and make the effort toward refinement so you earn the results you can take credit for!

Maybe within this perspective all the chiding and urging of your peers to follow standards and the encouragment to diligently duplicate success makes more sense?

Good Luck .... You're off to a good start by keeping things simple. Now it's time to make simple shine!

Originally posted by Stamati View Post
                Vasili, I found the post you made above very illuminating. I have come across your other posts that are also specially useful, and wonder why they are not part of a collection or put in a place all their own to make them easier to find? Nobody else writes about important things the way you do.
                Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
                Hear, hear........good idea
                Well, with as many posts as I have strewn in these Forums, "collecting" them would be quite a task indeed! Maybe that's a good reason to explain why "VodaTips" is not complete to this day?

I am simply sharing as freely as I have received ... and remember all too well how overwhelming it is when beginning to learn one concept at a time. General racefan20 was the one who first demonstrated the value of "paying forward" and his example was my motivation to participate fully in these forums. That was the original inspiration for VodaTips.com, which has since obviously become the model for various other "helps" that have appeared ....
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  Well, with as many posts as I have strewn in these Forums, "collecting" them would be quite a task indeed! Maybe that's a good reason to explain why "VodaTips" is not complete to this day?

I am simply sharing as freely as I have received ... and remember all too well how overwhelming it is when beginning to learn one concept at a time. General racefan20 was the one who first demonstrated the value of "paying forward" and his example was my motivation to participate fully in these forums. That was the original inspiration for VodaTips.com, which has since obviously become the model for various other "helps" that have appeared .... .
                  I am thankful for all I have learned from you Vasili. It doesn't matter if your site isn't finished yet (it does look nice) because I just go to your page and go through all your posts one at a time. You might be surprised how much is really there to absorb. It has helped me tremendously. Thanks again.
                  BP: SHOW ME DA MONEY!

Comment

Working...
                  X