Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions to help me overhaul my site needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions to help me overhaul my site needed.

Hey guys, I need to overhaul my website. You can find my temporary website at www.azareafsbo.com/index2.html ...

I want it to be less cluttered than other realestate websites, just as professional looking, but with a simple structure.. I plan on having an introduction video on the front page, and also having video walk thru's of each of the properties...

Any suggestions in regards to look, feel, graphics, structure, navigation etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

PS, I'm still working on the form page, and the payment navigation.
    BeauxArtsFair.com
    ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
    GlassIllusions.net

Re: Suggestions to help me overhaul my site needed.

I'm heading out to a movie right quick, but it looks great from what I could see. Very nice job.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Very nice, I like the layout and color choices, simple, clean and yet professional. One thing I would highly suggest is that you have your navagation menu on every page, exactly as on your home page. Most people (including myself) find it annoying having to return to the home page every time just to get to another.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Very nice indeed! As dito above, having the menu bar in every page is a must. And it's also something I need to do in my site as well!! New years project!

Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Very nice site, well laid out. Nice style.
          Im fussy so would like to see the words within the buttons slightly lower.

Fab job though.

Andy
          Z a p p l e Design
          www.z a p p l e .co.uk

Comment

Thank you all for your comments... this is just the info I was looking for...

I'm on the road now, and will update it here shortly.

If anyone else has suggestions I completely welcome them... I want this to be the best site it can be, and I welcome all suggestions.

Thank you again... You guys are great!
            BeauxArtsFair.com
            GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Wanting some constructive criticism of my site.

I posted my site before and made some changes I thought were pretty good that were suggested by some members.

I've been working on it, and could use a fresh pair of eyes on my site. I finally got it to the point where I want to start promoting it, but I just want to make sure it's professional enough, and looks good.

I'm going to create a forms page, so people can just submit a form with property info, and photo's, but I'm still trying to figure that part out...

www.azareafsbo.com

If you can also check out the Sellers link and Buyers link... I embedded a couple videos, and need to find out if they are working correctly.

Thank you in advance.
              BeauxArtsFair.com
              GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Is there anyone there?
                BeauxArtsFair.com
                GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Hi, site looking good, but would avoid resizing images with blue handles if best results are wanted. Some of your images have a hazy look to them in comparison to the original. IE: http://www.azareafsbo.com/AZFronthome.jpg
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpmonkey View Post
                    Is there anyone there?
                    No... all the lights are on and nobody's home!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, site looking good, but would avoid resizing images with blue handles if best results are wanted.
                      Yeah, the photos of the demo listing are just photos that I found on the internet, then resized to make them more uniform... it's not an actual listing...

I know what you mean though. The camera I use takes very good photos and they will be all a uniform size, so the actual photos will be really good quality...

I wanted to find out what the general consensus was before going out drumming up listings.

Thanks a lot, for the comments, and if anyone has others feel free to let me know..
                      BeauxArtsFair.com
                      GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Very good job!! One thing on the mortgage page there is no way back to your home page. You had your buttons on the rest of the pages, even though they moved from the side to the top, keep the same theme through out the site.
                        Keep up the good work!!
                        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

You had your buttons on the rest of the pages, even though they moved from the side to the top, keep the same theme through out the site.
                          Thanks for the advise, So keep the buttons either on the side or on top throughout the site, but not both?

I actually wanted the mortgage page to open in it's own window... Do you think I should put a close window button on it, or make it like the rest of the site, and not have it open up into it's own window?
                          BeauxArtsFair.com
                          GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Another month has gone by and I expect the site is now as you intended it to be. I was searching for info on adding a video to my site and came across your thread. I had begun to realize that YouTube is the way to add video and was glad to see on your site how it looks.

Your site looks very good, very professional. The text slips off the lilac area onto the black on your home page, however. I would have increased the width of that text, moving Advertising Rates up to the level of Welcome.

Can you add your bottom of the page-menu bar to the bottom of Mortgage Tools? That would solve the problem of losing your viewers.

And then I have a question: how did you superimpose your website on your listing photos? I could use that trick.

Good luck with your company. Phoenix is a great place to be. Ever heard the organ at Organ Stop Pizza in Mesa?
                            Sarah
                            british-cemetery-elvas.org

Comment

Sarah, thank you for your comments... I am not able to see the text slipping off as you pointed out... could you give me the area you are referring too?

I was also having a friend of mine do an introduction video to the site for the front page, so I was waiting to finalize that before moving the Advertising Rates button... however I could move it until she's finished with it...

As for the superimposing the name, I just added the text onto the photo's in BV... Right now I will be adding the properties by hand, but in the future I do plan to get it set up so the clients can upload their properties and photo's themselves.

As far as the Mortgage page, I wanted that to open it's own window outside the site, then all people would have to do is close the window when they're done, however I think I will add the menu at the bottom of the page since this is an easy fix, and there really isn't any reason not to.

Thank you once again, and keep the comments and suggestions coming, they're greatly apprecieated.
                              BeauxArtsFair.com
                              GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Working...
                              X