Suggestions to help me overhaul my site needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malhoeira
    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Re: Suggestions to help me overhaul my site needed.

I thought a screen shot would be visible in this field when pasted. It wasn't so I sent it as an attachment to the contact email address on your site. Had a prompt automated response - always appreciated by senders.

It's just the last line "Us for more information."

I use Firefox but always check pages on IE as well because they often show up differently/worse.

Another suggestion: add your url, and a signature if you want, so they appear beneath your messages on the forum. I've heard it helps your Google rating. Go to User CP and click on Edit your details. There you enter your home page url. Click on Edit signature to add a name.

And a last suggestion: add a favicon. That's the image that appears on the task bar left of the name of the active page. You have a white sheet of paper at the moment. Click on my url and you'll see a miniature of my site's logo.

1. First, copy an image (called favicon.ico) into the folder with your index.html page.

2. Upload the generated file ("favicon.ico") to your site with Tools/FTP manager/IP of site. Copy flavicon to public area.

Verify it's there by typing http://mysite.com/favicon.ico in the browser's location,

Next, insert the below code in the HEAD section of your site's main index page: <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico">

3. Publish. Wait. It should appear within the day.

Oh, now I see that the screen shot appears like this:

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]
    Sarah
    british-cemetery-elvas.org

Comment

• Malhoeira
      Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Wrong. That's just a listing of irrelevant urls. So I'm still in the dark about how to add a screen shot to a message on the forum.
      Sarah

Comment

• Thumpmonkey
        Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

Sarah, I pulled up my site in Firefox and saw what you were talking about, so I lengthened the page slightly, and it fits now. Thanks... I also put the Advertising rates button up at the top as you suggested, and it looks better for now.. I'll get a better idea of the placement once I get the intro video placed on the page.

Thanks for all your help. I will also work on your other suggestions...
        BeauxArtsFair.com
        ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
        GlassIllusions.net

Comment

• Malhoeira
          Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

The home page looks fine now. Glad to have been of help.

You said that a friend is making an intro video for your home page. Have you found a way to put it on a BV page without using YouTube or is that the only way to add a video to a site?
          Sarah

Comment

• Thumpmonkey
            Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2008

I will upload it to several video hosting sites including Youtube with a link back to my site, but I'm not sure which video hosting site is the best. Whichever one that is, I'll use that host for the site.
            BeauxArtsFair.com
            ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
            GlassIllusions.net

Comment

• Eliss93
              Corporal

• Sep 2008

maybe embolden the text in your navigation bars? it might just be me but the text seems unprofessional so thin. great looking site though! :)

Comment

• Malhoeira
                Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Good idea.

By the way, your Contact link is broken on http://www.qcgrafix.com/
                Sarah

Comment

Working...
                X