Here we go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go

I'm trying to keep it simple. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Especially on front page. www.frictionmaster.com

Re: Here we go

Not bad, you need to center all your pages, many of your pages are too long (no content just blank space). On your actual demos pages you need navagation, no one wants to use the back button. On your camparison page the graph is very blurry and unreadable, and the popups are very annoying, could turn many users off....did me.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I appreciate your comments D'son. The long pages were driving me crazy till I read your comments on another critique. One little dot can do it.
      Is the trend to having pages centered? I see them done both ways, or is it personal preference. I have pop ups restrained to once a day, but yes they are annoying. I've come up with a new idear.

Comment

Hi, ditto with the center page. It is only a personal thing, but think it looks better centered. Also with certain backgrounds, you can lead the eye to the center & makes for better reading.

Would loose the pop ups & the odd floating menu.

Some of the images have been over reduced & pixels are showing a bit to much. I know its hard trying to find a happy medium with images for web use , but can be worth having a better quality thumbnail & a lager better quality single image on the single product page.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Nice site, simple...

I would use a darker font... black is the most readable...

I agree, DUMP the Popups...

It makes the user work to much just to browse a few pages...

Maybe after 3 or 4 minutes of browsing then prompt them with a special offer....

keeping user focused on content is important... centering is the easy for most users with 15-17" screen. .
          "To share knowledge is to seek immortality" the Dali Lama...

My main website

WikiPedia Web-terminology

Comment

Your background is 989px wide, if you cut your page width down to that size you will have the full page and no centering. For most people to see your page with out side scroll, your pages shouldn't be more than about 980-1000px wide. Ditto the other comments, especially the pop up for joining, you could put a button on each page if some one wants to get more info, or receive e-mailings, that would take them to that sign up page. Good Luck!!
            Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
            X