• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strategy
    Private

• Jan 2009

web site

I just finish my first web site and i need some feedback. the site is www.stratesville.org
  • Taijitu
    Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Re: web site

Hello Strategy,

Your site needs a little more refinement as it stands. It's only my opinion but links to 3rd Party Websites should open in a new window or, preferably, a new tab. This means that the viewer isn't directed away from your own website, which remans open in its original tab.

Also, you need to home in on alignments of text and photos throughout your site. You mst have used the "handles" on the pics to adjust their position and size as they tend to be distorted. I suggest that you bring consistency into the size of the link buttons. "News" page is empty.

Good for first attempt.

Regards,

Taijitu
    www.seenitty.com
    www.grandcasaproperty.com

Comment

• crouquet
      Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

Hello Strategy!

I think you've done a good job and a few changes could make it even better.

The home page is wider than the other pages - I had to scroll sideways to read it which can be a bit annoying. There's plenty of empty space so I think you could rearrange your text & images to keep in in line with the other pages.

The home page navigation bar is different from the others. I assume they are " subheadings" meant only for the first page but at first glance it looks like you've made a mistake - then when you look for them on the other pages they're not there so you have to back to the home page every time. Maybe if they're not relevant to every page you could somehow have them linking from the home page but not in the nav bar so you keep the consistency. The e-books info on the home page is duplicated in the products page so maybe you could use that space to greater effect.

I agree that the images should be properly resized using pixresizer or something similar to avoid distortion as this does detract from the overall look of the site. Also if you use the bottom right handle you can increase or decrease the size of the photo but it keeps the size proportion right so you don't get the distortion. Don't alter the size a lot with this though or you'll get the pixelated effect! Better to resize each photo properly.

Hope this helps a bit - good luck!
      Elena
      www.lescrouquets.net
      Last edited by crouquet; 01-26-2009, 11:26 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

Make all your navigation buttons the same size. why squeeze the words 'parental involvement' into a button half the size of the ones above and below? Especially when you lose half the words?? doesn't make sense.

Don't stretch your images in or out, use a proper picture resizer, make the images exact to the size you want on the page.

Otherwise, good work.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Off to a good start. But ditto with the image comments.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X