X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taijitu
    Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Re: Please "Road Test" my second website.

Originally posted by Taijitu View Post
    Thank you everyone for your time.

Yes, SAman. you're right about the overlapping issue but it's only apparent on some PCs. It's very odd and I though it might be something to do with the fonts that I used for the signatures. I'll play with alternative fonts to try to eliminate this "phenomenon".
    I have changed the signature font and all appears to be OK now! Thank you again.

Taijitu

www.seenitty.com
    www.grandcasaproperty.com

Comment

• Taijitu
      Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post

The Teach-Learn graphic used in the Learning Centre page (http://www.seenitty.com/learning.html) is a bitmap. I could change it to a jpeg but it loads instantly as it is. Would it look better as a jpeg? What do you think? I could give it a try. This will load instantly on your machine as it is already in your computers cache & will give a false impression on the page loading times. New visitors will have to wait for this to load. Use your BV tools & page weight to help with this.
      PS. you are using _blank on many of your pages & would be better just leaving this field empty.
      Hi Chris,

I followed your suggestion about the Teach-Learn graphic. I changed it to a jpeg and, without the need for resizing, the file size fell from 312 KB to 11 KB!!! Loading is instantaneous now. Thank you for that very good advice.

I'm not sure what you mean about _blank on many of my pages.

Taijitu
      www.seenitty.com

Comment

• D'son
        Major General

• Apr 2008

When you set the target to _blank it will open in a new window, if this is a page within your own site with navagation you want it to open in the same window so the user will not have a bunch of windows open and navagating around on all of them (confusses the user and becomes annoying) if you are linking to an different site or a page without navagation (ie: a pdf file) then use _blank. Otherwise leave the target field empty, nothing in it.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
        X