X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KJay_23
    Captain

• Jan 2006

Re: Logo design website what do you think?

Much better! :)

Kellie
    Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
    http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

• scentsntreasures
      Private

• Feb 2006

Hey there. Did you create your site with this web site creator? I have a candle/bath and body supply business and I would like to do the same thing. If you did use BV was it fairly easy?

Comment

• scentsntreasures
        Private

• Feb 2006

I forgot to tell you your web site is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Tiffnie
        Scents-N-Treasures LLC

Comment

• Storm
          Private First Class

• Feb 2006

thank you :), I'm "beginning" to like the way it's looking, I still think it looks a little bare though ( I will have to work on it) I used BV for the buttons and for placing my graphics onto my site, but I used design programs to make all my animations and pictures. I hope that answers your question :$
          give me a shout if you need any help.

Comment

• limebrook1
            Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Can I say first of all that I love your site? I do however have one suggestion.

Sometimes when I am searching for something I want to find it fast, and flash intros really turn me off! How about having another 'home' page where someone can skip the animated version, and just read the info in plain text if they prefer? I think the information is important, but someone may just want to find what you are about fast, without waiting for it all to play through?

Just a thought
            Trish
            www.Limebrook.com
            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
            www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
            www.TucsonForBeginners.com
            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• Ram_Industries
              First Lieutenant

• Dec 2005

Trish:

My point exactly. Flash it good for those who like to see it, but what about those who do not wish to see flash, but instead the information they came for instead!

My question / Statement would be as follows.

Concider oneself as their own customer! Would you buy from yourself, knowing that you have 2 sites to view from. 1 Simple text with few flash, or 1 site with more flash then product information?

If you do not like flash, do you think your customers would?

Eye Catching slogans and bright colors are an appeal to cause ones product to jump out at you and say, " Buy Me ". Flash jumping out and saying, " Buy Me " may give the consumer a false sense that this is a better product because it is seen doing something which it is not capable of doing.

Always look at your design as if you are your own customer. But also always make it possible for your customer to go past the flash and to the information they really came to see in the first place.

If your product is about flash, then let it be. If about candles, give me a way to pass a candle walking around and take me to the meat of the information.

Ram_Industries
              Ram_Industries
              Robert A. Montgomery
              Ram-Industries@comcast.net
              http://Martech-Inc.biz

Comment

• Storm
                Private First Class

• Feb 2006

I understand what you mean but that’s why I made my site like it is. My flash is on my “home page” but it isn’t my “home page” (if that makes any sense) and I didn’t put any product information on there just my sales pitch ;) so that people who don’t wish to see the flash animation can press one of the buttons down the side to view the design range. I also gave people the option to turn the music off. If I haven’t succeeded in doing this please let me know and feel free to offer any tips, I’m always open to suggestions:)

Comment

Working...
                X