• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Guarantee
    Private First Class

• Feb 2006

Into The Great Unknown We Go

Hello all, I have just completed my very first website www.guaranteedcompensation.com I would really appreciate your comments. How can I improve and make it more appealing to the prospective client? Also, I'm having problems with the (enquiry)form, when it's completed and emailed the contents do not appear in the email. Clearly I'm missing something here
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Into The Great Unknown We Go

Originally posted by Mr Guarantee
    Hello all, I have just completed my very first website www.guaranteedcompensation.com I would really appreciate your comments. How can I improve and make it more appealing to the prospective client? Also, I'm having problems with the (enquiry)form, when it's completed and emailed the contents do not appear in the email. Clearly I'm missing something here
    Upload the form URL and i'll give it a look.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Mr Guarantee
      Private First Class

• Feb 2006

Thanks, the URL should be www.guaranteedcompensation.com/enquiryform.html

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

And what exactly is your problem?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by navaldesign
          And what exactly is your problem?
          First, set your form encoding in "text / plain". However this might also not work if your visitors email client settings are not correct. I would suggest that you go for the php script option. Please read: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...out-forms.html
          Navaldesign

Comment

• Girlonthehill
            General

• Oct 2005

Mr G,
            Problems with your form aside, your site looks very good and loads quickly. It looks well planned with all pages sharing a common layout - this always looks good. Your links work well and the site is easy to navigate. Well done and good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Mr Guarantee
              Private First Class

• Feb 2006

Thanks Girlonthehill, that's really appreciated. If I can sort out the form, I can then start learning how to optimise and and submit to search engines

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Thanks Girlonthehill, that's really appreciated. If I can sort out the form, I can then start learning how to optimise and and submit to search engines
                But your form is working. I tested it and also got an autoresponder message. What's your problem ?
                Navaldesign

Comment

• Mr Guarantee
                  Private First Class

• Feb 2006

The problem is I don't get the contents of the email. I receive an email from the prospect/client when they click 'submit' but it is empty when it arrives at my Outlook Express inbox

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

The problem is I don't get the contents of the email. I receive an email from the prospect/client when they click 'submit' but it is empty when it arrives at my Outlook Express inbox
                    If you want to go the php way, prepare a sepatate thankyou (or confirmation) page, and an error page like the ones in the example of http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...out-forms.html

and i will provide you a ready made script to upload on your server. Let me know so i can give you instructions.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• Mr Guarantee
                      Private First Class

• Feb 2006

Thanks. Unfortunately, the link you provided brings up the following message: Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Comment

Working...
                      X