• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • probird
    Private First Class

• Feb 2006

new site up and running!

Hi all. I would like some opinions of my new web site. I built this site to showcase my car and to keep a logbook of how the season is going. I need to put up a link page to other sites ( for using there photos and other racing sites) and to put up a sponsor page.(under construction).
    The site can be seen at www.hehrfamilyracing.ca
    I have been trying this myself. As i have no real computer know how, i think it looks o.k. The Bluevoda program is great!
    Any tips on improving the look of the site would be great.
    Thanks in advance. Barry
  • KJay_23
    Captain

• Jan 2006

Re: new site up and running!

Hi Barry,

Just a couple of suggestions...

First thing I would suggest would be to have all of your navigational buttons on each page of your site. Visitors may hang out longer if they don't have to keep returning to your home page to go to other pages.

Second thing I would suggest is to make sure all of your pages are titled. The home page has a title, but the others came up as "Untitled".

And lastly, on your "history" page, the text is a bit hard to read. Perhaps making the color of the text lighter, and making the text larger would help.

On the plus side, all of your links worked, and everything looaded quickly, even on dial up. All in all, you're off to a great start! :)
    Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
    http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

• Girlonthehill
      General

• Oct 2005

Hi Barry,
      Well done, it's looking good. Kellie's made some important points that will improve your viewers web experience. I suggest that you add a simple text box to your unfinished pages just to say that they are 'under construction - please call back'. Apart from that you've done a good job, keep up the good work.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• wiggytuftuk
        Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Hi Barry,
        Good advice already given by Kellie & Amanda, a bit more content and follow the advice given and i am sure it will be a nice looking site,well done mate.
        regards
        Jay
        Jay
        www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

• probird
          Private First Class

• Feb 2006

Hi again. I will add the navigational buttons to all of the pages. What do you mean by untitled? I can change the fonts (colour of letters?) to make it more clear. Now to edit the pages, do I make them in bluevoda then re-submit (publish) them direct? Will the new page then override the old? (erase?) Thanks. Barry

Comment

• KJay_23
            Captain

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by probird
            Hi again. I will add the navigational buttons to all of the pages. What do you mean by untitled? I can change the fonts (colour of letters?) to make it more clear. Now to edit the pages, do I make them in bluevoda then re-submit (publish) them direct? Will the new page then override the old? (erase?) Thanks. Barry
            Hi Barry,

On each of your pages, if you go into BV, and go into page properties, you'll see an area where you can name your pages. Whatever you name them will show at the top of the web browser.

And yep, just make your changes in BV, and re-publish. Your changes will over ride the old pages, and you'll be all set.

I hope that helps. :)
            Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
            http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

• probird
              Private First Class

• Feb 2006

Hi. I figured it out. you have to scroll off the main page to get to the "page properties" link. I added a few meta tags. and I cleaned up the history page so it can be read better. will keep going. thanks for the tips. Barry.

Comment

• canadianeh
                Corporal

• Feb 2006

Hi Barry,

Interesting site. I found all the links worked fine. I also, noticed, though that when I move my pointer to the area that says 'Welcome to the Hehr family race site!' it looks like I'm supposed to click. So, I clicked and it brought me to an error page.

Other than that, it looks great!

Cheers!
                Judith
                www.JustWhistle.ca

Comment

Working...
                X