Review for labour hire and recruitment agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Review for labour hire and recruitment agency

PS. I don't know much about dressing a man for success, other than basic principals...clean clothes, clean hair, clean nails, shirt ironed etc.

Any tips you can give me to add to the page?
    wear a tie?
    Not wear a tie?
    Plain shirt vs. pattern?
    Plain tie?
    Shaved or at least trim and well kept facial hair?

Anything else?
    Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel
    www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Comment

Hi Rowena,
      Dress code for men - yeah, well...you're in Australia so I'm not too sure what goes & what doesn't. In South Africa for example they have very smart "shorts" suits - matching shorts & shirt - that are acceptable by most business people. Don't know if the same goes in OZ?
      I would say it depends on the weather at the time. If really hot, maybe smart trousers, open neck shirt - with not too many buttons undone - would pass. (And leave the heavy gold chain at home!) If not uncomfortble, a suit is always good! Plain shirts are always better - ditto the tie. Shaved is also always better (some prejudices still exist LOL) but a beard is OK when neatly trimmed. For sure, 2 or 3 days growth is OUT! (However trendy it may be)
      You're absolutey right about the smoking advice, nails etc...all goes too for men!
      happy to have been of help,
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi David,

Didn't realise you were in SA. And you're right, unless you live in far north OZ, even on a hot day, long pants are expected. But you pretty much confirmed what I thought re: tie, plain shirt, clean shaven etc.

Thanks,

Take care :)
        Rowena

Comment

You're welcome, Rowena.
          By the way, I live in Germany but I visited SA some time ago & remember how practical their clothes were.
          Good luck,
          david
          Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

In your home page, the "about the link" link is over the black circle. You can see part of the gold background on top of the black circle. Move the black circle to the front. Simple little fix to make it look more professional;)
            Mr. Big Paw
            Somewhere in the CO mountains
            Big Paw Services

Comment

Originally posted by adir_sharon View Post
              In your home page, the "about the link" link is over the black circle. You can see part of the gold background on top of the black circle. Move the black circle to the front. Simple little fix to make it look more professional;)
              Sorry, I'm not sure what black circle your talking about. Is it still a problem because I can't see what it is your refering to.

But thanks for letting me know.
              Rowena

Comment

Guten Tag David,

May I beg your indulgence one more time please. Made a few mods to website to make it a little more interesting and fun.

Different pictures and a different way of marketing/selling special offers that we have. The idea is to encourage clients/customers to return to the website regularly and to explore all the pages.

Well, you will see what I mean when you have a look. You will find it easy as you have gotten to know my site pretty well.

Hoping you like.

Danke (<< is that right?)
                Rowena

Comment

If you open up your page in firefox you will clearly see what I am talking about. Nearly 45% of internet users are using Firefox. You should test your site on firefox, ie, and opera.

Using firefox, your links are not separated by those vertical deliminator lines; the browser changed it to offset black circles.

Here is an image of it. Hope this help a bit. I would recommend making it firefox and ie friendly. Good luck!
                  Mr. Big Paw
                  Big Paw Services

Comment

Hi Rowena,
                    see post #20 in this thread...my first observation:

The menu button for About The Link - there's a teeny weeny piece missing due to the positioning of the words.
                    This is what Adir is referring to
                    Also the problem with the 2 link buttons at the bottom of each page still exists??

As for the new "look" - I like it - I found the treasure chest!!
                    Can't help you with the PDF download problem, I'm afraid....that will take a General to help you! One will, you can be sure :)
                    Keep tweaking!
                    david

Comment

If you open up your page in firefox you will clearly see what I am talking about. Nearly 45% of internet users are using Firefox. You should test your site on firefox, ie, and opera.

Using firefox, your links are not separated by those vertical deliminator lines; the browser changed it to offset black circles.

Here is an image of it. Hope this help a bit. I would recommend making it firefox and ie friendly. Good luck!
                      Thanks for the screen shot. Now that makes a hell of a lot more sense. See, I use internet explorer, didn't even think to check it on firefox. In IE, those circles are just a vertical line separating the words. Hmmm, what to do about that??!! It looks damn ugly with them big black circles!!!

Thanks a million
                      Rowena

Comment

Hi David,

In light of the new information I have received re: word cutting off black circle in firefox bowsers, I wonder if you are having the problems with those 2 links because your using firefox for your web browser.

I'm almost sure that if you used internet explorer, you wouldn't be having the same problems. Any ideas how t make it uniform in both FF and IE browsers?

Glad you like the new tweaks. I'm tweaking the header again to be more uniform with my new staionary I received today (logo, letter heads, business cards etc), try to maintain the corporate image.

Hope your not getting to sick of me yet :)
                        Rowena

Comment

I think your site is looking a lot cleaner - well done Rowena.

(I am a copywriter/editor & agree with grammar changes as suggested by ahimsa. Grammar is frustrating at times!)

Adir - where did you read that 45% of net users use Firefox? I'm not sure what the precentage is, but I know the percentage changes from site to site. Sites that web savvy users visit would show a high Firefox %.
                          My site has less than 15% of visitors using Firefox.

(I totally agree that a website needs to look good in all major browsers.)

Comment

Sunchaser,

I can't remember but I did a search on it months ago, here is a link that will show you web browsers statistics month by month.

W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.
                            Mr. Big Paw
                            Big Paw Services

Comment

looks great. like the color scheme it is fitting. one thing. I am looking at it and when I mouse over the dropdown menu I see that half the drop down menu items are hidden ie the words are cut off. you can fix this by simply widening your dropdown menu box in bv otherwise the site looks good very well done.
                              $T3V3

Comment

o and the link you have at the top of your page for job vacancy I went to that page and it is not centered.
                                $T3V3

Comment

Working...
                                X