Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anew Project for a church need advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anew Project for a church need advice please.

Well i was asked by a church if i could build them a website and have it to where i handle the make over and they handle the rest from their end and i have :)

I will say this though ...the photos i placed on there is for testing purposes to show the church how it would look so i used my pups photos as a testing ground.

The people at the church would be able to add stuff to the website at their home or office on a few things like the sermon page, the events section.

but the rest would be done by me.

Please tell me what you think about the layout and all please.

Temporary i added 11 at the end of the index but it is on its server but i have a construction template on the main server.

Thanks
    Jim
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Re: Anew Project for a church need advice please.

All looks a bit off centre at the moment. Page is set at 800 & the main image is at 900+.
    With what you are doing, the php style of page would be perfect as you would have control over the whole site & its pages & just give the church members a central area that they can use to add text & images within an area set up by you. This means they wouldn't be able to mess up the header, side & footer areas. There is a sample here.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

This is nice. I like It.

Comment

Re: A new Project for a church need advice please.

Thanks Camille and Collector.

Collector you are correct about being a bit off centered its due to i was on my wifes pc and her resolution is different then mine. but i have it marked as centered, and also what you were explaining is exactly what i am looking for.have the church member have more control except for the changing of headers, footers and nav buttons.

But i read what you posted and honestly it fried my brain lol i got lost quickly.

But i will keep going to i get it right :)

Jim
        "Jim"

Comment

The size of you top image is 931px × 465px (scaled to 949px × 366px) & your page setting is at 800 wide so it wont look right on all screens. On the php part, posibly Navals post may help LINK
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok check it now. i did the page width 931 and i unchecked the center in browser due to my settings are 1024x768 and when i have it checked it doesn't look right so i had to manually make it centered a tad.
            "Jim"

Comment

I think it would be best to use the auto center as in my browser FF it looks off centered and it seems like some things are off key.

I like the design and the colors but I think the alignment needs some work.
              Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Got it finally lol

all i had to do was redo the width and then center it by checking the center in browser.

I checked it out in my FF and IE7 AND 8 all are centered and lined.

Took me a few to remember everything but i knew it would do right eventually.

Oh i checked it out in my resolution setting of 1024x768

Jim
                Last edited by naghosthunter; 06-30-2009, 11:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention my resolution setting
                "Jim"

Comment

looks good
                  i would consider having less empty space on my pages and to rearrange things to bring them closer together.

just a thought

Comment

Oh the empty spaces are meant to be that way for now lol i'm waiting on the pastor to give me the mission statement, about me, etc so can add it all in lol trust me once he gives me the info it won't be empty :)

Jim
                    "Jim"

Comment

ok sounds good
                      if you get time check out my church website, maybe we can give each other some tips on site building.

your site looks good!!!

Comment

Yours look good too i might add. :)

Here is the actual page now http://www.freshstartministries-winfield.com

Still though waiting on the pastor lol

but this one is lined up etc.
                        "Jim"

Comment

Working...
                        X