Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love some feedback please

Hi, everybody!
    I've lurked in these forums for the past month as I've muddled my way through creating my very first website. I would love to have you pro's poke around my site a bit and give me some much needed feedback. I can take it...really! www.jewelryanswer.com

Thanks so much for your time!
    It's no fun till someone loses an eye...

www.jewelryanswer.com

Re: I would love some feedback please

Site looks good and it looks like you have a lot of time involved in it.

One thing i did notice was the scrolling text at the top of the page looks to be scrolling in the wrong direction... maybe you wanted it that way...i dont know

Comment

Hi, nice easy to follow site & well laid out. Only thing's that might be nice to change, is the text on the home page is a little faint Bracelets, Earrings,
      & the thumbnail images in each area with a black background could be grouped together as it breaking the page up.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ditto to Chris' comments...plus:
        I'm not sure about the light yellow background - let me try to explain:
        on my screen + FF I'm getting a narrow strip of this colour running down the left side of my screen? (could be a page width issue) then you have the text on a white background as far as the 'l' in Necklaces where it changes to the light yellow? IMO I think the white background for the text should be made a little wider to include the whole text, thus giving a "frame" of the light yellow?
        One other thing I noticed is when the "contact us" & "home" links at the bottom of the page have been clicked on the letters go extremely faint & stay that way, even if I exit the site & return?
        Hope I've managed to explain what I've seen well enough for you to understand what I mean :)
        Otherwise, a great job....especially for a first try.
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi Rupes,

I'm no pro!

I'm not going to add to what the real pro's have said, only that I like the general look of your site and it does show you've put a lot of work into it.

I'm still taking advice and 'tweaking' my site after several months, so I know it ain't easy!

Best of luck and keep up the good work

www.startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

I really appreciate the feedback, guys...thanks a bunch!

www.jewelryanswer.com

Comment

Beautifully done.

The red text colour to highlight Free Shipping is a bit loud and uncouth
              in a webpage for refined jewellry.

I would change it to match your background color instead.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I agree, Zuriatman. The red was a little much. I spent all day revising the site yesterday (nothing to post yet as I'm not even 1/2 way through all the pages, haha!) But I really appreciate all the suggestions, and the red is one of the things I got rid of. Looking forward to finishing and reposting for review in the next week or so (hopefully)...man this is a LOT of work! And to think...I actually thought it was going to be easy, haha!

www.jewelryanswer.com

Comment

Working...
                X