• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abacotiger
    Sergeant

• Jul 2009

Check out my site please.

Hi

Can anybody...........EVERYBODY please check out my site www.bahamaschristiannetwork.com and please be honest. This is my first website and also my first attempt at building a website. Very nervous but love constructive criticism.

Oh! It's suppose to be a christian tv station website. (in the Bahamas but now launching to the U.S so I want it to be gooooood)

God Bless all yall!

Thanks
  • Ding Dang Doo
    Sergeant

• Jun 2009

Re: Check out my site please.

Hi,

I'm really no expert, in fact I'm just putting together my first site as well, so I'm afraid I can only tell you what I see rather than being able to resolve any of the problems... but as you've asked :)

picture in the background needs resizing as ATM it's tiled and just looks wrong like this. The text boxes have repeated on the page and I'm not sure where to go to move further into the site?

I'm sure you know that none of the links to other pages work ATM?

I'm viewing FF

I can see what you are trying to do, and with a lot more work, I'm sure it'll happen, but just needs a lot more work!

Post back up when you get a bit further... hopefully I'll get mine up soon and you'll be able to 'let me have it!'

ATB

Pete

Comment

• Armands1991

I guess none of the links work. And the image in table doesn't show up as well. My suggestion would be - maybe try to use different menu.

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Images are way to heavy for web use. Need to check your links & stay with lower case letters to match your page names. IE:
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• abacotiger
          Sergeant

• Jul 2009

Okay i tried that! I tried it all. all my names are in lower case. my homepage is saved as index.bvp. Still am not able to link pages together.

Please someone give me step-by-step instructions because i have to be missing something.

Please help.

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

If you name a page with an upper case letter, then the link has to be the same. IE: With the one above you named your page "Aboutus" but made the link "aboutus" (wont work)
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• steve-d
              Master Sergeant

• Mar 2009

with the links what you have to do is this...
              if you name your page (aboutus) in blue voda then publish it than your link must be http://www.bahamaschristiannetwork.com/aboutus.html you might not be adding the .html extension to the end of the link or you might not be putting the whole thing in there properly. make sure you have the whole link properly inserted or it will not work.
              $T3V3

Comment

• steve-d
                Master Sergeant

• Mar 2009

I was looking at your page and one thing I see is that the background image does not look right because it is tiled. I recommend using just a plain color for the actual page background and putting that picture centered on the page behind everything else. so it looks nice and neat.
                $T3V3

Comment

Working...
                X