• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jane ward
    Sergeant

• Sep 2008

website

Hi,
    Have just made changes to my website, could you give me advise to improve it. e.g do I need to have my picture on every page.
    jane
    www.janeclare.biz
    jane clare
  • ahimsa
    Major General

• Jan 2009

Re: website

Hi Jane,
    Always interested in these sites so took a look....not at everything, YET!
    First thing is your name: the Jane Clare comes above the menu line but the Ward is under & so covers the first lines of text. In my opinion your name doesn't need to be so big anyway.......thinking ego here LOL. And to answer your question about your picture: no, I think it's only necessary to have it where the text is about you i.e. Home page, which you've titled "About Me" anyway.
    I went straight to the Healing page & suggest the following: (my changes in
    red - a [...] word should be deleted)

Reiki is a process of healing and relaxation that is practised by the laying on of hands and the channelling of energy to heal and resolve issues.Reiki is a life force energy. During a healing your body’s energy channels are opened and cleared of obstructions. You [now] not only receive an increase of Ki for your own healing but you become connected to the source of universal Ch’i of Ki. Other terms for this are God, Higher Self, the first source, Universal Love or whatever can be termed as life energy.Reiki is not a religion. This energy is the source of life itself and it goes back way before any religion was formed. Once attuned to Reiki, abilities are opened up to you that you did not know existed.You don’t receive anything new. Reiki opens and aligns whatever is part of you. It is like plugging in a light in a room that has already been wired for electricity. So when the healer places their hands a person with the pure intent to heal, the healer has turned on the light for that person to heal themselves.
    Reiki Healings with Jane are available by appointment and further details can be obtained [by contacting Jane] via our contact page.

I'm not sure about this sentence: Once attuned to Reiki, abilities are opened up to you that you did not know existed. The implications are a little strong, especially if the reader has no ideas about how Reiki operates?

If you like/accept my comments/suggestions so far I'd be happy to go through the rest of the site for you as I have time,
    Love & Light ,
    david
    (1 other thing for now: not sure how others will react to the 'brightness' of the light you have in the middle of each page :) ???

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• jane ward
      Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. About my name It doesn't show up really big and my last name on next line when i bring my website up, don't know what I have done there. I will make the adjustments you suggested in the healing page and remove my picture from other pages. Would appreciate feedback on other pages. Thanks again.
      Jane
      jane clare

Comment

• ahimsa
        Major General

• Jan 2009

Hi Jane,
        OK, here we go......

Home: with a lifetime........and also have a range of
        Healings:
        life energy. [space] Reiki is not a religion. This energy is the source of life itself........So when the healer places their hands on a person ....since the time of Atlantis,[no 'and'] perhaps before thenon the client’s bodies 1 client or 2? If 2 then clients' ...... beneficial to the client [no punctuation necessary]
        Meditation:
        cope with our busy lifestyle. A vast majority of .........Our lifestyle today ....with the day-to-day situations ........feel anything. We just have to ........the grass feels soft beneath you as the sun's ........then you lie down [previously you used 'lay' - be consistent. Either will do] .........that you are not alone; your angels are always with you.
        Mystic Parties: .....
        one-to-one readings .......The cost is $45. This includes
        Pendulums: ....
        your health. For instance: ask it ......and your body will answer for you
        Sorry, gotta go....check the rest later,
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• ahimsa
          Major General

• Jan 2009

OK, continuing.......
          Pendulums: Step 2 -
          You can start your pendulum .......Keep practising until this happens .......my name Jack Brown ........will come straight from spirit and not from you.
          Products:
          each major Chakra [point] in the body. I would leave this word out. Each of these vortexes, connecting to each level of consciousness, mental and physical functions of the body.harmony and balance into your life. Don't want to use my words - it's your site LOL - but something is wrong here :)

General comments: I already said what I think about the 'light' in the centre of the pages; you have a lot of side-scroll on all pages, at least on my screen. Maybe check the page widths? Marquee: hmmm? not really sure about it, but it's your site. In my humble opinion I think it's too long. I sat & read all the quotes to check for errors but I'm not sure how many visitors will do that? So is it necessary to have it on every page? Unless your thinking is that as people go through the site they will pick up 1 or 2 here & there? A couple of the quotes had <br> after them - not sure what that means? And, on the pendulum page, it needs to be lowered a little - it overlaps the last line of the main text. Oh yeah, 1 of the quotes is
          One's best success comes after their....
          That's about it.....happy tweaking,
          david

Comment

• jane ward
            Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Hi,
            Thanks for the proof reading, don't realise the little things I miss, good to have a second pair of eyes to pick it up. About the light on the page still looking for another background haven't found one i like yet. About the marquee i have had people comment that they like to read the quotes so might just have it on one page. Do you know the recommended page width so i can change it? Thank you again for all your help.
            Love and laughter,
            Jane :)
            jane clare

Comment

• ahimsa
              Major General

• Jan 2009

You're welcome,
              somewhere between 950 & 980 seems to be the opinion of most here,
              david

Comment

• jane ward
                Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Hi,
                About my name on top of page, when I go to my website my name smaller and is all on one line, but someone else said that it shows up quite large with my last name on next line? Why would this be so?
                Love and laughter,
                Jane
                jane clare

Comment

• Collectors-info
                  General

• Feb 2006

Need to reduce your image kb's & size.
                  Good fast loading image at 6kb http://www.janeclare.biz/angel&#37;20wings%201.jpg
                  Bad slow loading images at ............
                  498kb http://www.janeclare.biz/LIGHT%20SOUND%20VIBRATION.JPG
                  1200kb http://www.janeclare.biz/Picture%20015.jpg
                  309kb http://www.janeclare.biz/bv01001.png
                  Good image names or tags also help with the SE's.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• timeandtimeago
                    Private First Class

• Jun 2009

The navigation menu is a litle hard to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X