Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Reviews And opinions

Hey everyone,

I have just finished our website for domestic cleaning and i`m looking for some reviews.

I received a telephone call today from another directory trying to sell me some advertising space.....and he commented on my site looking strange, image wise and he was using firefox?!!

I am using explorer myself (newest out) and viewing my website on a 15" flat screen monitor and everything is fine my end website wise!!

Please could you state on your reviews your monitor screen size and browser version.......if you have issues.

Obviously your opinions are valued highly, thanks in advance

Steve

Re: Looking For Reviews And opinions

Hi, they are correct. The blue tabs on your main Sycamore Cleaning service header need to be pulled out a few millimetres to stop the text returning in fire fox. This is also the same for your header menu as well.
    I am getting this in all browsers, so let others confer.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Update - Looking For Reviews And opinions

Thanks for your comments collectors-info

I got on the phone to my brother straight away, who has a 21" monitor and uses firefox :)

he confirmed your/my problem and stated that it was as though the text was starting a new line!? I streched the text box on each page via bluevoda webbuilder (even though it was showing there fine aswell), uploaded each page and low and behold the text all eventually leveled up!!!

The next issue i have is the heading text showing on my brothers 21" monitor. The font is huge and a different style, again compared to what im seeing my end!

This is the same showing on Internet explorer and firefox, so its not an issue with firefox being compatible with this font,
      (bodoni MT poster compressed).

Its not a massive issue at least the website is readable now and useable.
      Its just my partner doesn`t like the font thats showing, she prefers whats showing on the webbuilder or the webpages we see our end.

Heres a couple of pics.........

What my brother sees on his 21 inch monitor using firefox and explorer
      www.sycamore-cleaning-service.co.uk/brothers_screen.bmp

What i see on my 15" monitor with firefox and explorer
      www.sycamore-cleaning-service.co.uk/how-it-should-be.bmp

Thanks again info for the ..........info!

Again any further comments would be great!

Your a star

Comment

Hi Steve,

Your site looked fine (firefox and explorer) on my 15" screen, so I can't really help on the "looking strange" angle.

The only thing I did notice was that the page lengths on spring cleaning and estate agency were just a little bit too short for your contact telephone number, which was almost but not quite cut in half.

Otherwise, the site looks clean and crisp (to me) and conveys exactly what it intends to convey - in my opinion.

Hope you manage to find out why it displays differently on different sized monitors and in different browsers.

Best of luck

www.startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

Hi, on my 19" monitor it all looks the same as your brothers image in FF, IE,G/Chrome & Opera.
          Might also be worth checking your resolutions are similar, as this will create a difference in looks.
          Its also worth using web safe fonts. These are far fewer than what can be nominally used.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Steve,
            Your site looks good - I did spot the following, though: (my corrections/suggestions in red)

Home: we would consider all types
            Domestic Cleaning:
            Or complete our enquiry form
            Spring Clean: 1-2 Bed House = £80.00
            After Build Clean:
            the property is covered in dust and mess?
            Then our After Build Clean
            We can come in, rid
            Clean Kitchen Cupboards
            1-
            2 Bed House = £80.00
            End Of Tenancy: 1-
            2 Bed House = £65.00
            Estate Agency Cleans:
            We provide a great service to landlords.
            then the Estate Agency Clean is the service...We can do the
            Clean Kitchen Cupboards
            1-2 Bed House = £65.00
            Ironing Service:
            Norwich Ironing Service.
            £12.50 is for up to (no "charge")
            rather than hung.
            Any ironing is carried out
            Pet Sitting:
            Our Norwich cat feeding, dog feeding or pet sitting service means,(no
            "that")
            rather than taking your pet to a strange cattery or kennel, we
            can visit your pet in their very own home.
            This is most suitable for
            cats. Small animals such as cats in particular hate leaving their own
            territory, so cat sitting means they're not disrupted and are much
            happier. (no "on your return")
            We always listen to your cat care requirements and ensure we stick to
            their normal routine as closely as possible, so that they have the right
            food and any special diet that may be difficult for catteries to keep to.
            If (no "Particularly") you have more than one animal, this often works
            out as a cheaper option.
            Feeding Rates -
            2 Visits Per Day (2 times!)
            Home Security: (I like this one LOL)
            That extra peace of mind.
            Contact Sycamore Cleaning Service
            FAQ:
            3. Do I have to be home for each cleaning visit?
            No
            , we currently have around 90% customers leaving a key with us.
            If you need to go out to do a errand yourself, you can be safe knowing
            that your home is good hands.

OK...gotta go - if you like, I can check the other pages another time?
            Best of luck,
            david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

WOW.....

What a great response!

Thanks again collectors-info for your input. Im looking into the websafe fonts next to see what changes i can make....watch this space!

ahimsa...........Thank you so much for looking into the spelling mistakes.
              I think its a case of to many 04:30am bedtimes (lol)
              Ohhhh i had to laugh at the "peace of mind" mistake ;)

I have corrected all mistakes that you kindly pointed and hopefully the sites there!!

Thanks again everybody for your generous input and time spent!!

Goodluck to everyone

Comment

UPDATED AGAIN - Looking For Reviews And opinions

Hello again all.....

Its a fresh new day here in Norwich u.k ( sunny `n all) and i`ve spent a couple of hours on the heading text and tab links on my pages.

For those that remembered my site was showing very large text on my business name, website heading (Sycamore Cleaning Service)!

I have now changed the font to a "websafe font" as recommended on past thread and I would like your opinions?!

Earliar the heading text went all the way under the google search bar i have on the top right!

Now............hopefully the heading text ends at the end of the contact tab underneath?!

Take a look......

www.sycamore-cleaning-service.co.uk

If anyone could confirm the above it would be GREAT

Thanks again everyone for your time,

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,
                  looking good.....just for fun I clicked the "site map" at the bottom of your home page & this is what I got

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Mean anything to you? Just a foreign language to me, I'm afraid LOL
                  Good luck,
                  david
                  Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Nice looking clean site. (No pun intended) Remember that description, title & key words should all be within the text of the page.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X