Two websites-looking for suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two websites-looking for suggestions

Hi All: I'm new here. Just downloaded BlueVoda last week and got my domain name for a new subsidary company I'm starting up as well as just did an add on domain for a personal site for a new grandbaby that's on the way. Was hoping to get any suggestions for both sites.

The first is www.flooraudit.com . Still working on it and will be adding a lot of pictures, video and mucho text. It seems a little boring to me, so was hoping to get some ideas to jazz it up a bit.

The second site is www.noahanne.com . I will be hosting a virtual baby shower and then after the babys born it will become a virtual life album for my first grandchild. Again, looking for any suggestions to spice it up.

I have built these two sites to this point in 1 week (about 30 hours total), which says a lot for how easy BlueVoda is to use, since I am not a computer wizard like so many of you are. Which by the way, many questions I had, I found the answers in threads here on the community forum, so thank you all for the time you spend here to help others!

Floor Lady
    Cindy Smentowski

Re: Two websites-looking for suggestions

Both sites look good. The flooraudit site was quite clinical looking, but clear and to the point. All the links worked ok and it loaded properly and fast. The only point about your granddaughter site was that iI got a message which told me I needed to download extra software in order to view it. I personally don't like it when that happens (I am very, very,very careful about what goes on my pc (lol)), but I'm a little curious as to what you have on your pages that I couldn't see.

You've done a great job - and what a lovely idea to have a virtual baby shower. Well done and congratulations on the upcomming new arrival.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the info. On the baby site I don't know what software it would want you to load? I do have music on the guestbook page only. Would that be it? Yes, I'm the same way, I do not like that when it happens either and I ususally back off the site pretty quickly if it does. Maybe someone else can tell me if thats it. If so, the music is going!!

The flooraudit site is clinical. Any ideas on how to take clinical to another level? I thought about maybe a flash intro of some type, but ended up doing the water effect logo instead. Maybe more pictures or graphics scattered throughout would help?
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

been to both of your site's and must agree with amanda looks abit clinical
        business site need to grab the viewer and customer in the first five seconds or they loss Interest the concept is there and is looking good, just needs something , colour, text, play around try things out

not sure i understand the concept are you going to record the baby's life posting pictures as it grows like a diary . no problem with getting download message must be sound track, what player are you using.

Comment

I love the idea of the baby shower, I was all for this the other day but then a friend mentioned she wouldn't want the public know her business... maybe you might want to put a password up? So only invited guests come>>> just an idea. I wouldn't know how to do that. Music worked.

You floor sight perhaps needs some GOOD floors as before and afters other wise it was a bit depressing. The site it's self is really proffessional and you have things happening I love the puddle thing in your LOGO... I need a logo did you design that?
          Regards Tracie
          Antique Dolls, Toys & Old Steiff Bears

Comment

i liked the sites , i loved your header on the floor site , played with it for ages , how did you do that ? is there a programe to download for it .

apart from that i thought the site was very professional looking although i do agree it is a little plain looking , if you want to jazz it up a bit maybe just the addition of the extra pictures & text that you are planning might do the trick , its very hard to know untill all the subject matter is there.

The baby site is coming on , personally i dislike the scrolling marquee not just on your site but on nearly every site , it just makes sites look amatureish .
            try makeing the background colour of your marquee the same as your page , extend it right across the page , slow it down , and change the font to a more classic style and color , all very easy to do , but you will see an instant improvement .

great start keep it going
            Jaxxed a place for the disturbed ( or maybe just if your bored)

Comment

Hi,
              I think on the floor audit site the first thing you should do is introduce yourself and let people know who you are and where your expertise comes from,this will make the opening page a little less like an article.the site itself runs well and is a tribute to the work you have done in such a short time.well done.
              regards
              Jay

p.s. the baby site is very cute
              Jay
              www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

Thank you all so much for your ideas. I'm going to make some changes and see if it helps.

The water puddle I got from www.durius.com. They have a few other *****ts to. It was pretty easy to just add the html code and insert my jpg logo inside the html.

I'll check back after I tweak my business site a little more.

Thanks again.

Floor Lady
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Ok, I've gone through many transformations on the Floor Audit Site, but keep coming back to like I have now. I've added pictures, layout a little different. I still need to work on my photo gallery with more pictures of bad floors describing the damage. Also want comments on my index page. Should I move the articles elsewhere and just have the home page as a cleaner simpler page? Before I do anymore I am looking for suggestions. Is it still to clinical? Thanks everyone.
                  Cindy

www.flooraudit.com
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Dunno what happened there - it snatched my reply before I'd even started it????

What I wanted to say was - I like it but think you have a point - there being a lot to read on the welcome page. Maybe link to them from the front page but have them somewhere else. Love, really love the puddle effect - neat and very fitting. Like the flow-chart but the cyan coloured text against a mid grey background is a little difficult to read. Like the photo of some of your tools and equipment. Maybe an image with a human factor - would help it feel less clinical - an image of the team at work or something along those lines? BUT I do like it and think it looks professional, Cindy. Well done.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                      X