• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Donnazee
    Corporal

• Jul 2009

Website

Bit nervous as this is the first website I've ever done, but would certainly appreciate any constructive criticisms before I get it out there - so to speak!

There are 5 pages (birthday extras, kitchen tea invitations, special occasion extras, religious extras & digital s****boooking) which don't load correctly on IE so would be interested to see if it's just my computer/browser. I have tried deleting them in control panel and re-publishing, but still no luck - so any advice on this would be much appreciated.

www.deezeedesigns.com.au

Donna
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Website

Site is looking Great good for a 1st attempt. The only thing that is no very good is the images look very distorted from the originals & makes the text look very bad. Personally i would use a slightly lager image or at least reduce the images without using the blue handles on the side of the images.
    On the linking part you need to check the links target, as some have got the _top missing in the links.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Donnazee
      Corporal

• Jul 2009

Thanks so much Chris! I just couldn't understand why those pages weren't coming up - something simple like accidentally leaving out _top due to it being inline frame - was right in front of me and I couldn't see it! So thank you again.

I will fix up those images then - it's quite awful resizing them the way I did and the 'shift' key never works - will re-size them in photoshop first.

Thanks again - I have had nothing but fabulous advice from these forums.

Donna

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

The free Pixresizer is an easy way to do this with either a whole folder or a single image.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• bluedays
          Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Pixresizer is great :)

Lovely site! Really well-ordered and pleasant to browse.

Would be a good idea if you added in some key words or a key phrase into your homepage title tag. At the moment it says 'Deezee Designs home page' which doesn't tell search engines or people searching in search engines what your site is about.
          (It can be an ongoing process to work out the best title tag for your homepage)

Hope it does well!

Comment

• Donnazee
            Corporal

• Jul 2009

Thanks for the feedback!

Have downloaded pixresizer and am currently in the process of resizing all my smaller images.

I am slowly putting some more links on the homepage for search engines but will also change my home page title as you suggested blueday.

All still new to me but I REALLY appreciate the advice.

Kind regards
            Donna

Comment

Working...
            X