• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulak
    Private First Class

• Aug 2009

is a web page ever finished lol

i have finally managed a pretty good base for my website, any one want to pick it apart for me? all suggestions are appreciated!

thanks
  • SChajin
    Major General

• Jan 2006

Re: is a web page ever finished lol

Nope! Is your site for restaurants only?
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

• wysiwyg4
      Major

• Nov 2007

Looks good.

1. Every page should have a unique descriptive page title

2. All images should have alt tag

Other than, it is a fine website.
      Doable Personal Finance

Comment

• lugial23803
        First Sergeant

• Mar 2009

Your home page is some what visually unattractive. If your selling gourme seafood, then I expect an elegant gourmet page. I am going to redesign your home page myself and show you how it should be done. Your site has TOO much potential for it to look so plain.

However the "Buying" section with the price an pic of the food looks great.
        http://site-wars.com The Ultimate site for Gamers!

Comment

• paulak
          Private First Class

• Aug 2009

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
          Nope! Is your site for restaurants only?
          no, its not for restaurants only, we hope to serve the peoples not fortunate enough to live on the coast and get the wonderful fresh seafood we take so much for granite...lol

Comment

• paulak
            Private First Class

• Aug 2009

Originally posted by lugial23803 View Post
            Your home page is some what visually unattractive. If your selling gourme seafood, then I expect an elegant gourmet page. I am going to redesign your home page myself and show you how it should be done. Your site has TOO much potential for it to look so plain.

However the "Buying" section with the price an pic of the food looks great.
            thank you, that would be great
            i agree, homepage needs work have been working on the base now need to go back and spruce it up
            problem is i cant edit my pages unless i am on wireless internet for some strange reason so have to go elsewhere to edit my pages can only build them with a one time shot from home, on dial up lol

Comment

• Gunn R
              Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2009

Hi, I like the colours you've used but I agree the front Page needs to look a wee bit yummier. Great Job though!

Gunn
              www.spyphones.ws

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I tend to notice small things that mean a lot, and I have some things to mention for you to improve your website with specifically -- don't take it harshly, but as a way to see things through a different perspective to enable refinements to begin.

1. SPELLING
                Across the US, there are normative ways to spell words, and for example your use of 'docside' (should be 'dockside') is a glaring "tell" at the less than professional efforts in preparation of your website. All visitors have to go on in evaluating you, your "business" and whether or not there is enough evidence of validation for them to part money with you is the Content and the very manner in which you put some effort to put your best foot forward as you build your website: spelling, composition, written structure (or 'organization' for lack of better description) and the very type of information is critical in creating this initial evaluation basis. *You may wish to simply copy the text from your pages into a Word document to see if there are any spelling errors showing via SpellCheck to identify any few errors you can edit easily.

2. CRITICAL CONTENT
                .A. PRIVACY You do not have a Privacy Policy published on a page of its own, nor is it available on every page as required by the Patriot Act for any US entity transacting business (collecting money), collecting personal information (email, identity data or other personal info), or communicating online (email, Invoice, data sharing, publishing Policy, stating indentity of Business via address or fictitious name, etc.). *Soholaunch makes it easy to 'add a page' specifically for Policy, and/or create an additional one just for Privacy as required and include it in a global navigation.
                .B. CONTACT As a Business based in the US and in compliance with both the Patriot Act and Florida Department of Revenue, you are required to fully publish your legal business name and full address and telephone number, and this is usually included on the Contact Us page along with the Email Form. Not only does this provide visitors and customers an option of methods to contact you for various reasons (to check on an order, to verify a transaction, to submit a grievence, etc.), it is also a very powerful disclosure that is important to establishing a sense of consumer validation and confidence. *This too, is not an option, but a requirement to include on your eCommerce website ... but it is also a key element to presenting yourself to customers as credible and transparently ethical!
                .C. POLICY Along with A and B above, you are actually required to disclose your Policy(-ies) regarding transactions, returns, shipping, and handling of monies. If you are intending to run an online business, then comply with the stipulations of being a validated business completely. *Since you are shipping "foods" via FedEx, it would be wise to provide all the disclaimers you need in order to fully declare your implied warranty of freshness and suitability of foods and their delivery terms, along with your 'returns' policy as a well thought out and composed Shipping Policy.
                .D. ABOUT US Although not specifically required, it is certainly one of the things everyone looks for when visiting a website to assist in making evaluation prior crucial decisions (parting with money or ordering ANYthing) ... people simply want to know who or what they are really dealing with! *This is also an area of Content that will aid in developing unique and singular value for optimization purposes, to make your site stand out amongst the others also.

You've done very well getting past the initial hurdles of customizing Soholaunch, and now you just need to focus on putting some sinew and muscle onto the skeleton to fully flesh out your website properly!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• paulak
                  Private First Class

• Aug 2009

i thank you very much for your time in responding with these points, these are the very things i desperately needed to know, with the exception of item one, the rest will take a little while but i will follow your suggestions, thanks again...

Comment

• paulak
                    Private First Class

• Aug 2009

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                    I tend to notice small things that mean a lot, and I have some things to mention for you to improve your website with specifically -- don't take it harshly, but as a way to see things through a different perspective to enable refinements to begin.

1. SPELLING
                    Across the US, there are normative ways to spell words, and for example your use of 'docside' (should be 'dockside') is a glaring "tell" at the less than professional efforts in preparation of your website. All visitors have to go on in evaluating you, your "business" and whether or not there is enough evidence of validation for them to part money with you is the Content and the very manner in which you put some effort to put your best foot forward as you build your website: spelling, composition, written structure (or 'organization' for lack of better description) and the very type of information is critical in creating this initial evaluation basis. *You may wish to simply copy the text from your pages into a Word document to see if there are any spelling errors showing via SpellCheck to identify any few errors you can edit easily.

2. CRITICAL CONTENT
                    .A. PRIVACY You do not have a Privacy Policy published on a page of its own, nor is it available on every page as required by the Patriot Act for any US entity transacting business (collecting money), collecting personal information (email, identity data or other personal info), or communicating online (email, Invoice, data sharing, publishing Policy, stating indentity of Business via address or fictitious name, etc.). *Soholaunch makes it easy to 'add a page' specifically for Policy, and/or create an additional one just for Privacy as required and include it in a global navigation.
                    .B. CONTACT As a Business based in the US and in compliance with both the Patriot Act and Florida Department of Revenue, you are required to fully publish your legal business name and full address and telephone number, and this is usually included on the Contact Us page along with the Email Form. Not only does this provide visitors and customers an option of methods to contact you for various reasons (to check on an order, to verify a transaction, to submit a grievence, etc.), it is also a very powerful disclosure that is important to establishing a sense of consumer validation and confidence. *This too, is not an option, but a requirement to include on your eCommerce website ... but it is also a key element to presenting yourself to customers as credible and transparently ethical!
                    .C. POLICY Along with A and B above, you are actually required to disclose your Policy(-ies) regarding transactions, returns, shipping, and handling of monies. If you are intending to run an online business, then comply with the stipulations of being a validated business completely. *Since you are shipping "foods" via FedEx, it would be wise to provide all the disclaimers you need in order to fully declare your implied warranty of freshness and suitability of foods and their delivery terms, along with your 'returns' policy as a well thought out and composed Shipping Policy.
                    .D. ABOUT US Although not specifically required, it is certainly one of the things everyone looks for when visiting a website to assist in making evaluation prior crucial decisions (parting with money or ordering ANYthing) ... people simply want to know who or what they are really dealing with! *This is also an area of Content that will aid in developing unique and singular value for optimization purposes, to make your site stand out amongst the others also.

You've done very well getting past the initial hurdles of customizing Soholaunch, and now you just need to focus on putting some sinew and muscle onto the skeleton to fully flesh out your website properly!
                    i wanted to thank you again for the time you put into reviewing my site, that was very kind of you. i have attempted to address the legal issues you pointed out if you would not mind reviewing again. thank you very much....

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Real good job ... quick too!

Found only one minor thing to change to porse fluently:
                      (Shipping Policy) Change "We DO NOT accept orders nor do we ship outside the United States." >> to >> "We DO NOT accept Orders from nor do we ship outside the United States."

(Transaction Policy) ???
                      Missing ... this is where you need to declare HOW you process your transactions, and how they are 'protected' accordingly (run offline, online via PayPal, etc.; that the information collected is secured, as stipulated in your Privacy Policy -- make sure it is included in Privacy!). Don't forget to mention that you do not process transactions originating outside of the US.

Comment

• paulak
                        Private First Class

• Aug 2009

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                        Real good job ... quick too!

Found only one minor thing to change to porse fluently:
                        (Shipping Policy) Change "We DO NOT accept orders nor do we ship outside the United States." >> to >> "We DO NOT accept Orders from nor do we ship outside the United States."

(Transaction Policy) ???
                        Missing ... this is where you need to declare HOW you process your transactions, and how they are 'protected' accordingly (run offline, online via PayPal, etc.; that the information collected is secured, as stipulated in your Privacy Policy -- make sure it is included in Privacy!). Don't forget to mention that you do not process transactions originating outside of the US.
                        I just will not ever be able to thank you enough for your valuable time you expended in reviewing my site for me, have made these additional changes also. Again, thank you and may God Bless You!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by paulak View Post
                          I just will not ever be able to thank you enough for your valuable time you expended in reviewing my site for me, have made these additional changes also. Again, thank you and may God Bless You!
                          Congratulations! Your diligent efforts have transformed a vision into an online reality .... along "with a little help from your friends"! A timely little Beatles plug there!

....and on we go!

Comment

Working...
                          X