New site please rip it to shreds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New site please rip it to shreds

I usually always try to tell people of the things I like about their website. However, you asked that we "rip it to shreds". This site is so hard on the eyes. With the newspaper background, all the text on the front page, and the scrolling banners at the bottom, I felt dizzy after looking at the main page for just 5 seconds.

You might want to tone it down quite a bit.

Who is your target audience? What will they be most interested in? Make sure that is the focal point of your site.
    Jeff Peterson
    Profit and Las Vegas Bookkeeping, LLC
    702.405.9912 - Office
    866.835.9912 - Fax
    jeff@profitandlasvegas.com
    www.profitandlasvegas.com

Comment

Just place this code in the page's html area under "Between the head tag" & change the part in blue to your image that is already on your server.
      <style type="text/css">
      body
      {
      background-image:url('http://www.fnqindependent.com.au/images%20%28250%20x%20336%29.jpg');
      background-repeat:repeat;
      background-attachment:fixed
      }
      </style>
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I have to agree with Eric and a few others.

The background is very distracting and if you MUST keep you should wash it out or fade it. It's very easy to do and pretty simple to change. Personally I think your website has too much noise, or rather too many parts shouting at the viewer to look at.

The use of the tones on the red and green are very annoying to the eye because it actually temporarily encrypts an image onto the persons eye. While this may be good for advertising/marketing (where you are competing for attention) it is probably not a good idea for a webpage since they are already at your page.

I like the overall design, I just think it needs to be more toned down and harmonious. It just looks too chaotic, and demands too much from the eye.
        Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Working...
        X