Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Okidoki...If you please ladies and gentlemen

Your site is a lot better.

Make the title more descriptive of the business on the page.

Google looks for
    title, description and content on the page. Other search engines look
    for keywords as well.

Google, if you look at their guidelines, looks at the title
    which should have at least on keyword or phrase that can be found
    on your page.

The description tag can be a couple of lines from your first paragraph.

And then the content. Nothing beats a good content on a page.

At a minimum, just one small paragraph should do the trick, having
    related keywords.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

I like your site but for some reason it took me a bit to figure out what the exact topic was. Maybe it was just that my eyes were not drawn to your message quickly enough. Maybe make your message appear a bit stronger? Just my two cents.
      Affordable Medical Insurance
      Discount Dental Plan
      Washington State Health Insurance
      Temporary Health Insurance
      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Your site looks awesome!

The only thing I could think of was that the text was the ONLY thing I could see when I first clicked into it. I think maybe some photos higher up or interspersing photos and text may make it easier for people to make the connection between you and T-shirts.

I love that the contact info pops up in a seperate window and that everything you scroll over is linked. Well done!!

Comment

Apparently, everyone else overlooked the obvious and the most important:

Because your website takes great advantage of the use of iFrames to present the majority of the site itself [the entire cart, and item pages with descriptions (descriptors)] from an affiliate source < scissorlion.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/Shop/Index/index/department/ > you have less than the minimum 25% of original Content hard-written to your website for the purposes of building relevance, or "Construct Compliance" which is the first Core Element the Search Engines evaluate to properly begin to process rank and values necessary for SERP (Search Engine Ranking Pages).

Compounded with this failure is your spamming the KeyWord META tags your Blue Voda created page provides. You not only do not have compliant Content on your pages (since they are populated via iFrame affiliate cart, which you have no control over optimization-wise), you are grossly violating a simple rule by spamming KW entries without solid anchoring in Content or other Page elements ... as seen here:
          <meta name="KEYWORDS" content="american apparel, art, best, black, brand, buy color, colors, copyright, cotton, custom, dark, design, designs, ebay, good graphics, hoodies, illustrator, image, marketing, new online, organic, price, pricing, print, quality, shipping, united kingdom, white, endangered species, endangered animals, animals, wild animals, rhino, tiger, turtle, elephant, panda, polar bear, whale, martial arts, ju-jitsu, jujitsu, rpg, grenade, unicorn, uzi, pirate, pet t-shirt, t shirts, adult t shirts, alternative tshirts, amazing tshirts, angel tshirts, animal t shirts, beer t shirts, best t shirts, big tshirts, black t shirts, boy tshirts, bright tshirts, brown t shirts, bunny tshirts, character t shirts, cheap tshirts, children tshirts, children's t shirts, city tshirts, clothes shirts, clothing shirts, colour tshirts, coloured tshirts, colourful tshirts, company tshirts, cool shirts, cotton shirts, custom shirts, designed tshirts, designer tshirts, exclusive tshirts, female tshirts, fresh tshirts, fun t shirts, funky t shirts, funny t shirt, funny t shirts, funny tshirts, game t shirts, gaming t shirts, gay t shirts, gold tshirts, good tshirts, gym t shirts, holiday t shirts, hoodies t shirts, iconic tshirts, japanese tshirts, justin lee collins t shirts, large tshirts, loud tshirts, mens shirts, mens t shirt, neon t shirts, new tshirts, nice tshirts, original tshirts, polo shirts, printed t shirts, quality t shirts, quality tshirts, quirky tshirts, rare tshirts, red tshirts, relax tshirts, retro shirts, retro t shirt, running t shirts, small tshirts, smart tshirts, specials tshirts, street tshirts, stylish tshirts, sweat shirts, t shirt printers, t shirt printing, t shirts, t shirts buy, t shirts designs, t shirts for sale, t shirts mens, t shirts merchandise, t shirts sayings, t shirts uk, t-shirts, tee shirts, tees shirts, the mountain t shirts, tight t shirts, tshirts made, unique t shirts, unusual tshirts, us tshirts, usa tshirts, vintage shirts, women's t shirts, womens t shirts, yellow t shirts, yellow tshirts">

Your website is doubly faulted by design, and is currently flagged both by Google and the Local Euro-Hub, and will never reach beyond merely "residing" on the Net to actually perform nominally (create traffic via favorable positioning) if you can rise above the Construct challenges you now face in time for the next round of bot visits ..... your first task would be to remove literally all KW entries (leave it totally blank) in order to let the bots discover any residual relevance themselves in hope they score your site as 'passable' and thus remove any flags placed on it previously.

Given the fact you are using an affiliate cart via iFrame, I would suggest you inquire with your provider how to best optimize your program with unique descriptors that are usually operative/available, and which are almost always focused on the specific domain name you provide. This will improve your site "value" dramatically, but given the nature of your site Construct, will not allow much room for elevation above the minimal passing standards.

You would be better off compromising on the ability to customize the "look-and-feel" of your 'store' and have instead the hard values on your site directly and not via iFrame (you can always edit the source files themselves to customize page titles, footers, meta, etc.).
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK - not perhaps a good day to tell you this since you're opening today? But, on your Home page: please keep in mind that it might be replaced shortly
            Contact form:for anti-spam reasons
            Guys -1st page:
            Save the Whale; 2nd. page Save the Gorilla Ditto pages 6 & 7
            Girls: ditto
            Accessories: ditto re the whale
            good luck,
            david
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
              OK - not perhaps a good day to tell you this since you're opening today? But, on your Home page: please keep in mind that it might be replaced shortly
              Guys -1st page:
              good luck,
              david
              David, it seems most of the abnomalities regarding spelling and the like mostly reside in the iFramed Affiliate Store itself, which is most likely out of reach for our firend to make any changes to ....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

ah-ha!

(still learning LOL)
                Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Can you please give me your opinion? I still have a link I cannot get to work. However I don't know if it's just my computer. I would appreciate any comments.

Comment

Originally posted by klberg View Post
                    Can you please give me your opinion? I still have a link I cannot get to work. However I don't know if it's just my computer. I would appreciate any comments.

http://www.bravodoberman.com

Hi klberg

I think you have posted on this thread by mistake, because I see you have a thread just before this one. Anyway I checked your homepage and I like it.
                    Visit: www.scissorlion.com

Comment

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
                      Guys -1st page:
                      good luck,
                      david

Hi David
                      Thank you again for your very careful eye on my spelling. I must confess that it is probably a direct result of burning the midnight oil. I really do appreciate the effort you have made to pick-up on the silly spelling errors. I have corrected them now. :) I am even getting somebody to proof read my text. I think it is incredibly important to have faultless, clear and concise written language to promote trust and credibility on the internet.
                      Please do not hesitate to point out any other things that you might find and feel need correction. It’s never too late to fix things, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Lerderderg View Post
                        Your site looks awesome!
                        Originally posted by Lerderderg View Post

The only thing I could think of was that the text was the ONLY thing I could see when I first clicked into it. I think maybe some photos higher up or interspersing photos and text may make it easier for people to make the connection between you and T-shirts.

I love that the contact info pops up in a seperate window and that everything you scroll over is linked. Well done!!

Thank you very much for your comment.

I agree with you and have also thought about some pictures higher up the page. I'll work on it and do some tests.

Comment

Originally posted by motoxxx View Post
                          I like your site but for some reason it took me a bit to figure out what the exact topic was. Maybe it was just that my eyes were not drawn to your message quickly enough. Maybe make your message appear a bit stronger? Just my two cents.
                          Thank you for you suggestion. I agree with you and have made some small alterations, I will look at some kind of solution in the near future, maybe pictures or something to get the message across instantly.

Comment

Refering to Post#19

Maybe the obvious wasn’t overlook but in fact was not that important.

Firstly I would like to say that I have taken Shafi’s (wysiwyg4) post #14 to heart and have looked at the SEO aspect of my pages. It was the first time I really looked into the requirements for keywords and META tags, as I’m still learning. Secondly thank you for your most educational explanation of the workings of Google and the search engines. I’d like to ad though, that although nobody can deny the relativity of search engines; there are many internet marketers out there that do not rely on SEO solely, as their main focus to make sales and drive traffic to their websites. Yes, you can work yourself half to death to get to the top of Google but it will take me twice as long with the tools at hand to build the perfect site that I want. So I have to settle for what I can achieve now and that does not mean my website is faulted in design. Yes my site relies heavily on the use of iframes but that “affiliate source” you refer to was put in place by me. You see that it is my content and I have full control over it. Even though I had some “abnormalities regarding spelling” that “reside in the iFrame” I actually do have full “reach” to make any changes as I please.
                            Now, the next bit I’m not sure what you are playing at, you seem to forget that not all of us are gifted in knowing all about META tags and keywords so I can not appreciate your comments “Compounded with this failure is your spamming the KeyWord META tags” andgrossly violating a simple rule by spamming KW entries”. I think I would have taken this differently if you did not then list all the keywords that I mistakenly entered, back when I just started building my website. Yes you can type the url into a online site analyzer, but actually listing every keyword is unnecessary, perhaps just mentioning that search engines consider excessive keyword entry as spam would have sufficed.
                            I think you have assumed a few things here and some of you comments could be communicated slightly less dramatic.
                            I hope to eventually have the hard values there but have to disagree that the “look and feel” is less important than what Google thinks. Their robots can’t even see pictures, which is the main way to communicate t-shirt designs. Yes, there will have to be a lot of time spent on direct marketing and promotion, but using other targeted traffic options is my initial strategy.

Comment

Very nice site. I would however change the location of the pictures of the 3 models at the bottom of the main page to the top and move the text below the pictures. It would just look better in my opinion.
                              Jeff Peterson
                              Profit and Las Vegas Bookkeeping, LLC
                              702.405.9912 - Office
                              866.835.9912 - Fax
                              jeff@profitandlasvegas.com
                              www.profitandlasvegas.com

Comment

Vasili, you are correct as always and give a hard but very accurate explanations. Nicely done my friend!
                                Affordable Medical Insurance
                                Discount Dental Plan
                                Washington State Health Insurance
                                Temporary Health Insurance
                                Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
                                X