Website ready for critics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website ready for critics

Please review this site and let me know what you think!

www.bertramservices.com

Re: Website ready for critics

bookmarked and b back l8er, bro,
    Radiant floor heating systems | Electric radiant floor heating | How to install hydronic radiant heat floor

Comment

Hi, first thing is I found the font way too small - very hard to read. Maybe by extending the length of the pages you could use a larger font without distracting from the overall look of the site?
      Second - all pages come up in my browser as Bertram Services so I can never be sure which page I'm on LOL
      Then the following.........

Home: At Bertram Gas Fireplace Service we know
      Customers:
      at Bertram Gas Fireplace Service. We respond
      Information: Seems to me that only the 'orange' text is new....all the other "information" has already been featured on other pages.....just an observation.

Otherwise a pretty nice job!
      good luck,
      david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I agree completely with David with the text being to small. it does challange the eyes some what?

David has also mentioned your page titles. Search this forum for help on this.

Your pages flow very nicely but your contact page needs shifting to the right slightly so it is in the exact same place as the others.

Overal looks really good
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

What could be good is create a new page called 'support_centre', insert an I-Frame to call up this url http://bertramservices.com/ost/view.php. This way you can keep this feature within your site......Just an idea!!
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Looks like a real nice site. But ditto with the others on the font size.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks all, I'll make the changes as soon as possible!

GD13,

Comment

Thanks again everyone!

I've made the changes above, what do you all think?

GD13,

Comment

....much better!
                  good luck,
                  david
                  Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Ah! I can see.
                    Lot better on the eye's.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes it looks a lot better. Its just a shame the I-Frame on this page isn't quite wide enough to accommodate the content in it http://bertramservices.com/supportcenter.html I maybe inclined to sacrifice the left hand menu to stretch the I-Frame across and have just a 'home' link positioned above it.
                      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
                        Yes it looks a lot better. Its just a shame the I-Frame on this page isn't quite wide enough to accommodate the content in it http://bertramservices.com/supportcenter.html I maybe inclined to sacrifice the left hand menu to stretch the I-Frame across and have just a 'home' link positioned above it.

I was thinking about that last night, I think your 100% right though, I'll make the changes today!

Thanks again all for the reviews, it *****ened up the site ten folds!

GD13,

Comment

I think you have a great website.

On the index page, you could make the title a little more descriptive.

For example,
                          Bertram Gas Fireplace Services - Fireplace Cleaning, Fireplace repair

Similar for other pages as well.

On every page, title can start with "Bertram Gas Fireplace Services"
                          and then some specific for that page.
                          Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Nice, how do you plan on promoting it?

Comment

I'll consider adding more discription to the title, good idea!

I've been promoting it via local advertising and online sites such as www.kijiji.com, I also have the web address on our business cards for customer to review for more information on gas fireplaces in general!

Besides using the site as a information site for our business, I wanted to provide information for any and all home owners to what they should know about their gas fireplace, hence the government link to a great online guide explaining gas fireplaces as a whole!

I also added code from google to help improve our listing on their search engine, as well as some of their ad sence on contact page!

Any other ideas to better promote our site are greatly welcomed!

Thanks again everyone for your reviews!

GD13,

Comment

Working...
                              X