• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abeekeeper
    Corporal

• Nov 2009

New guy,new site

Hello all blue voda geeks. I have rejoined the blue voda world and have a new website published. I hope there is as much help here as I had when I built my first website.

Anyway, my new website is for my apiary (bee yard) Nectar Meadows Apiary and the url is http://nectarmeadows.com/

I welcome criticism and advise. I also hope I can help as well as be helped here on the forum.

Thanks for having me.

Your friend abeekeeper
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: New guy,new site

Site looks good.

I'd pobably like to see a close up shot of some bees though, perhaps incorporated into your header.

I am not sure about the green background. I use a wide screen monitor so I am seeing a lot of green. Its a strong green and I am wondering if it would be worth looking at a lighter shade.

I did notice that on the 'order' page the contact link is incorrect, still using .html instead of .php.

All the best
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Ditto with Darrens comments, could also use the "anti alias" tick box to smooth the edges of your shapes. (IE: The corners)
      But nice looking site.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• ahimsa
        Major General

• Jan 2009

Hi,
        ditto with above + I found only this--

The Honey: Simply leave your contact information
        Nectar Sources:
        honeybees to make their living from...............After these they have an abundance................Of these pin cherry they visit with intensity among others that are yet to be identified. -This whole sentence needs to be reworded somehow ........white flowers is an amazing sight..........be seen between one species and (no singular of this word!)
        Cooking with Honey:
        by visiting their website
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• abeekeeper
          Corporal

• Nov 2009

Thank you all for you insight.

I will be making changes to text and visual elements. I also notices the bad link last night myself.

I will be working on this site a little at a time. I will add more pictures and different styles of them. I just wanted to get this thing up and running and work on it from there.

I will take all suggestions seriously and try to improve text and visual aspects of the site. The computer I use for the website is at my home and I am often up north from my place as I am now and modifications will have to wait till I return.

Please keep an eye on my site. I will notify you when changes have been made and if you could give me your opinions again I would really appreciate it.

Again, thank you

Your friend abeekeeper

Comment

• abeekeeper
            Corporal

• Nov 2009

Thanks again for advise. I have made some changes to text (as advised) and have changed the background color on the order page and left others as there were for the time being. Please let me know what you think of this color and if it is satisfactory in your opinion. I can not espress how much I appreciate your help.

Thanks again

Your Friend abeekeeper

Comment

• abeekeeper
              Corporal

• Nov 2009

New guy,new site

I have published a new website. I posted this already but in the wrong spot I guess. This is my second website. I would appreciate it if anyone would take the time to review it, http://www.nectarmeadows.com/index.html and let me know what you think. I have been told the green background is too much so I have changed it on the order page as an example to see if that is better. Please be honest. I know I have a long way to go for true quality.

Thank you so much,
              your friend a beekeeper

Comment

• ahimsa
                Major General

• Jan 2009

Nectar Sources: begin their yearly show.........blooming, the honeybees............... The honeybees think..........fail to cut their alfalfa - you need to extend the text box a little. The last line/words are falling out of the shape
                Pictures & Video: you have 6 pics & on each one I can click & get all 6? Is this what you want? I only ask if it's necessary ;) Also - no video?

That's it! Nice site.....I, personally, prefer the darker green :)
                good luck,
                david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
                X