Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my Joomla site

Hi Voda Hosters,

Could you please thake the time to review my Joomla site? Much appreciated. Some comments will definately help. Unfortunately you will not be able to see the Community Forum and some member sections.

It is the Zwartkop site in my signature.

We are still creating some content, but that will happen vey soon.
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: Please review my Joomla site

Hi Tom...looks good. See that you are still working on it and will gradually evolve over the coming weeks. I'll keep my eye on your progress. How did you get on with Joomla - is it easy to use?
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks Darren,

Yip, at first I struggled to get a hold of it. But once I understood the priciples of Sections, Categories, Modules, etc (there are dozens), It became 2nd nature. NOW I REALLY enjoy Joomla. Still have some things to learn, lol, but I'm getting there. This is my contribution to our community where crime is getting a bit bad at the moment.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,
        you have a lot of text & me not too much time right now but there are some typos.....eg:

with their municipal account statements
        Ensure that your property is adequately fenced off.
        May I suggest you do a check over the spelling?
        Nice site though,
        well done,
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thank you David.

I really appreciate it. It was such a hurry to get this thing going and nobody to really help, apart from some articles written by the chairman. I'm back on the site fixing some of those typos - thanks to you. I'm just copying and pasting to Word to spot the most obvious typos. Maybe there is a spell checker for Joomla, but will check it out some time later.
          Thanks again for taking the time.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

You need to go into Config immediately and make corrections to the global Page Titles .... (you'll see the box that needs to be changed).
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for looking Vasili.
              I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.
              Are you referring to the menu (Edit) > System Parameters > Page title?
              I was building this site in phases (articles - graphics - and now the page titles as I was not 100% sure of the page structures yet).
              Many thanks. I have started to change the page titles, but it is a bit late now...
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Lordy, Tom! I can't remember exactly where to edit the Globals without going in one myself ... I am pretty sure there is one block in Config, and of course you can edit each Page specifically as well. Unfortunately, though, you need to code each page .PHP file individually with the proper META to get the best resultsa, otherwise, you can only rely on the generic Globals and the not-too-accurate Page Titles ....

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE to edit a Joomla site (or any CMS foundation for that matter), and it is part of the regular maintenence you should be prepared to devote to keeping with the current trending and values!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili. Yes, under Global Config are two fields (Global Site Meta Description and Global Site Meta Keywords). Then as I mentioned above, each page Title can be edited in the Menus. I still want to make the page title a bit bigger in the template's CSS or html.

At this stage not too much worried about SEO for this community site. As soon as I start advertising on the site, I will of course follow your SEO guidelines.

Thanks again. Site is coming on nicely.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X