Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, here it is. I have created a local directory with BV...what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, here it is. I have created a local directory with BV...what do you think?

I have never built a web site prior to this one. I spent the better part of the last year building it in my free time. The idea is to encourage people to shop local and take advantage of locally owned business. We have been getting a lot of support, but I think the site needs something. Any suggestions?

I think it needs a search script so that people can just type in what they are looking for, but I cannot figure this out in BV.

Good, Positive and Neutral feedback is greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing what you all think.

Re: Ok, here it is. I have created a local directory with BV...what do you think?

Great Job...I love it
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Re: Ok, here it is. I have created a local directory with BV...what do you think?

Looks good but not sure if it's too much going on....too many colours...
      (just my personal view)
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
      Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Hi, it is great! ... I love it. How did you do it? I like those "business cards"... wish you a lot of visitors.

Comment

yeah....a bit "busy" for me but....
          2 things seem not quite right:
          1. on the top menu you have nice big silver buttons for
          Coupons & Free Classifieds & then it goes to just a blue strip for the other 4 . If this is intentional then OK, it's your site! But to me it looks just a little odd i.e. a bit disjointed, you know?
          2. Not sure what the sitemap links are all about? :)
          Sure was a lot of work, though, & I wish you well,
          david
          Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Ahimsa, thanks for your input.

1.) yes, this was intentional. I wanted to give the site a unique look and feel. Some like it, some don't but it seems to generate discussion.

2.)sitemap links: I wasn't sure about this either. The thing is, I have an event calendar in a subdomain, events.local-shoppers.com and it doesn't seem to be picked up by the search engines. I put the links in hopes to get better search engine rankings.

Any suggestions for this one?

Comment

Jakoty,

Thank you. The whole site was created using the BV site editor that comes free with hosting. It is approximately 1300 pages and growing. It's a pain in the you know what to maintain because I don't have a template system. So if I want to add a category or page, I design it and then manually add the link in a text menu. I created the business cards in photoshop. I design these for anyone who wants to advertise their business on my site. It's a fun way to promote local business.

If anyone has any ideas on how to create a menu that I only have to edit once that would be great. For instance, If you click on Centralia at the bottom of the home page, you will notice a menu system on the left side of the screen that has about 40 different categories. Any time I add a category, I have to open the Centralia page and add the link and then the other 40 category pages and add the link as well. If I have multiple cities I want to add a category to, I have to do the same thing for each city.

If anyone can help me with this, I will be your best friend!

Comment

Hi there

Ask NavalDesign. He is great with the menu gizmo.

Good site. good luck

Millie
                Millie
                www.subeagle.com

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Ok, I have finally got it the way I want it. Now I really need the feed back. I have taken everyone's comments and tried to make this as good as possible. Thank you to Naval Design for the help with the menu system. You have saved me months of work.

Check it out. www.local-shoppers.com

Comment

Site look really good!! Hard part now getting the site filled up with advertisers. Good luck and I wish you every success.
                      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

great. good luck .

Comment

Yeah, what a difference! Way better....good luck,
                          david
                          Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
                          X