revamped artist website- please review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revamped artist website- please review

Hi All- I have been revamping my website but I am really winging it with very little knowledge of how to build a website. Any feedback/tips/etc would be greatly appreciated! www.vibrantartstudios.com

thanks in advance :)
    Jen
    www.vibrantartstudios.com

Re: revamped artist website- please review

Looks good, I just took a quick look...However check your links..
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

will do, thanks :)

Comment

nice work you got inside there.

Comment

Hi Jen,
          nice job, yes & fine artwork....one or two little tweaks I can suggest just to make a few things even better :)....

Artwork - Paintings: on the 5th page, where you have "more coming soon" there is a little side-scroll (because the words are too far to the right) Either move the words or check your page width
          Artwork - Photography: the top menu changes here a little bit - could make all pages the same?? Then, 1st. 4 photos keep the same size when opening - the 5th. is a bit of a shock 'cause it goes to the other extreme LOL - the rest on this page are not too bad. I would suggest checking out BV's free tool PixResizer & get as many of the images as possible to around a similar size, or at least a size that is neither too small nor too big.
          Miscellany: link not working
          About Me: The relationships between colors often informs the direction I take in my paintings, doesn't work, I'm afraid - either realationships...inform or relationship...informs - for her drive to always be herself - seen too often these days, I'm afraid, but if you want to be 100% grammatically correct it should be "to be always" or "always to be" (it's called splitting the infinitive) - also, a little side-scroll
          SKG: OK, this is just my own personal opinion as a "visitor" to your site - On your About page you have a link to SKG & that's fine. Now you have a special page dedicated to SKG on your menu bar. I got a little confused when I opened this page (I already had clicked on the SKG link in your "about" page) - all the info on this & other pages here is the same as I can see on your "about" link. My comment, therefore, is why not use the same 'outside' link to the SKG's own site as you used on your about page? And the "Links" button doesn't work!
          And that's about it - it's a super site & I wish you well,
          david
          Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

David- Thank you so much. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I would love to get rid of the SKG page on my site all together but unfortunately a couple of local publications mistakenly put that page as the galleries official Maybe I redirect to an outside website?
            (and I completely forgot to redo the photo page!)

Thanks again for taking the time for such a thorough response!
            Jen

Comment

- nice to be able to pay back some of the help I've had :)
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
              X