Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new site please look

hi
    I finally goy this up and running .Please take a look and let me know what you think and if everything is working ok
    Thanks
    Two Cats
    www.chapartipoodles.com

Re: new site please look

Hi Two Cats :)

May I suggest consider the following :

Use 1 font and style only - the italics are a bit hard to read for me - try using a boring font like Arial - I use Century Gothic ( www.lonelyobject.com ) and have tried to keep it uniform between the pages - also try and maybe use 1 size font for the main body of text on pages.

Your index page image of the puppy (Latte ) is clipping the title a bit -

otherwise all seems to be working ok - I just think a bit of thought towards redesign may be worth think about - i.e on the main page you have Harlequins underneath the main text - perhaps you could make this a title page above the doggies ? - just a thought.

Photography wise I would suggest some outdoor shots if this is practical - you can awlways sit the pups under a sheet and try and use natural light if you can - I LOVE DOGGIES TOO - :))) http://www.lonelyobject.com/photosbymarkpage1.html

Keep going and refining - I am only a amateur at web design myself and am sort of happy with the style of my own.

I hope these thoughts are of some benefit to you.

Kind regards

Mark

Comment

Thank you
      It all looks ok on my browser so hard to tell .I will change what you sugessted .and see how it goes .Thanks for your help
      two cats
      www.chapartipoodles.com
      www.magicpallete.com

Comment

Hi Two Cats

Agree with everything Adeblov said but if I could add a few things to his suggestion.

DESIGN:
        1. Try 'centering' your website pages, it looks better in the middle than way off to the left. You can do this by going to "page properties", then where it says "centre page" click on "centre this page in the bowser window horizontally".

2. Perhaps adding a border around the whole page to frame it

3. Keep images flush with each other ie. in a line either vertical down one side or horizontal at the bottom.

4. Keep this symetrical, it's more appealing to the eye than things which seem to be placed randomly on the page.

5. Put a line space after each paragraph, particularly with your home page and about me page. Also the font doesn't need to be so large or bold. Tone it down a little as it seems like your "shouting" at the viewer.

I'm no website design wizard myself so these are just my own humble opinions and personal preferences.

Good luck with things.
        Last edited by TheLink; 01-26-2010, 10:16 AM. Reason: grammar error
        Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel
        www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Comment

thanks a lot for your input I will try all those things .The size of the print is what she wanted I'll see if she will change
          thanks again
          two cats
          www.magicpallete.com
          www.chapartipoodles.com

Comment

Working...
          X