New Art Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Art Site

Well, it’s taken me some time; a number of different designs and layouts, resized images stored in every folder possible on my PC, and I think I’m beginning to go grey, but my website is finally complete!

The URL is: http://www.nolonstacey.com/

It’s been quite a busy few weeks getting it to this stage, but I am very happy with the results.

I have to say, I was dubious about VodaHost, partially because the web building software is free, hosting is so cheap, and I’m such a cynic! The service has been excellent, the web-building software exceptional, and the support forums invaluable for getting that little bit extra out of the software - in particular the instructions on creating thumbnail galleries in I-frames, without which the crux of my website wouldn’t be possible.

A year or so ago, I paid a very reputable company £250 to create a website and £35 per month to host. At the time, this was one of the cheapest I found. The website was created from a template (and so very limited), had very limited updating options, and didn’t do half of what I wanted the site to do.

Compare that to this site – created for free, $9.99 per month hosting (about £6), and designed by myself (giving me great satisfaction). The site does exactly what I wanted. In particular, the gallery section, has exceeded what I thought I could achieve.

Anyway, enough of blowing my own trumpet – I know there are quite a few things I can still improve on, so I would love some feedback and suggestions.

Thanks

Nolon
    New Art website www.nolonstacey.com

Re: New Art Site

Stacey

OUTSTANDING! Your art is top notch! Site layout is simple, clean and jsut plain great.

A couple of your pictures look pixelated (only two if I remember- a portrait of a little girl and a church building.) Other than that- fantastic job.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Nolon,

What can i say!...its fabulous!...what talent you have..i'm going to put you in my favorites for future reference.....well done!

Linda
      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Nolon, your site is a well designed, clean, simple, well put together and a very effective tool to showcases your STUNNING and BREATHTAKING works of art.
        Very, very well done indeed. Your amazing talent was wasted on math ;o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Nolon,
          I'm enthralled with your site. You have an eye for beauty.

Comment

What a great site with truly awesome content.
            Well done.
            regards
            Jay
            Jay
            www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

whoooo great: i have not posted here for a while but when i heard about your site i had to come see, and i repeat whoooo. it's plain, it's simple, it has no fussy stuff no busy bit's when you enter the site your eyes are drawn straight to your art work just what you want. the page links merge together very well, i have not seen much better in your area. tweek it but don't mess with it,
              good luck not that you will need it, keep it up and well done.

ps: have you got any old cast offs of the prince of darkness that one is jusy like him.

Comment

What a great site. So simple but effective. Well done.

Eamonn
                www.noelac.com
                North of England Lhasa Apso Club

Comment

Wow. Thanks so much for all the great feedback - both on the site and my work.

Andy, I made a slight mistake in naming my images and thumbnails the same, so somehow the large images were being replaced by the thumbnails. Having spent most of last night renaming and re-uploading, this should now be sorted.

Linda, thanks for adding me to your favourites - spread the word!!!

Hi Amanda. I agree with you about wasting my time with Mathematics - although, i'm still wasting my time working in HR! Art just doesn't pay!

Alien Dude, (Cool name) Thanks for the compliments. I'm afraid the Prince of Darkness is with my publisher now (although, you can purchase prints from him). He originally turned that one down because he thought I had made Ozzy look too femanine! Couldn't quite see it myself!
                  New Art website www.nolonstacey.com

Comment

Working...
                  X