• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zappleman
    Master Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Finishing touches complete

Hi all,

Just resized the web pages slightly and also changed most images to jpeg to speed it up. If someone could comment on the SEO side that would be very useful. Cheers people.

Andy
    www.addagrip.co.uk
  • pmsteel
    Sergeant

• Dec 2009

Re: Finishing touches complete

altogether a nice site espicially home page, havent got much time to really look over but on your contact page 'mandatory fields' and the '*' should be a different colour. red on blue is hard to read for some people

Comment

• zappleman
      Master Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Yeh i kind of thought that myself but we keep getting people NOT completing the form properly. Is there anyway to make the form unsendable if a certain area is incomplete?

Cheers for the feedback

Andy
      www.addagrip.co.uk

Comment

• TheLink
        Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2009

Originally posted by z*****man View Post
        Yeh i kind of thought that myself but we keep getting people NOT completing the form properly. Is there anyway to make the form unsendable if a certain area is incomplete?

Cheers for the feedback

Andy
        www.addagrip.co.uk

Hi Andy,

To make fields mandatory, double click on the text/edit box that you want to make mandatory, in the "Validate" tab, under "Data Length" , tick the box "Data Required". If you want to, you can set minimum and maximum characters but its not necessary. But it can be handy. For example: if you require a phone number, you could make the minimum input field 10 (or whatever), which means they have to enter at least 10 digits.

You can also make a custom error message like "Please provide a valid telephone number" or whatever you like, simply by ticking "custom error message" and writing whatever you want. This is the message they will see if they don't fill in that particular mandatory field, otherwise it will just be the default message.
        Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel
        www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Pages are a little wide for all screens. Usually best below 1000px works for most. Still got a couple of slow images.
          1. at 800+kb http://www.addagrip.co.uk/Addatex2.png
          2. at 391kb http://www.addagrip.co.uk/datacrop.png
          But otherwise a nice looking site.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• zappleman
            Master Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by TheLink View Post
            Hi Andy,

To make fields mandatory, double click on the text/edit box that you want to make mandatory, in the "Validate" tab, under "Data Length" , tick the box "Data Required". If you want to, you can set minimum and maximum characters but its not necessary. But it can be handy. For example: if you require a phone number, you could make the minimum input field 10 (or whatever), which means they have to enter at least 10 digits.

You can also make a custom error message like "Please provide a valid telephone number" or whatever you like, simply by ticking "custom error message" and writing whatever you want. This is the message they will see if they don't fill in that particular mandatory field, otherwise it will just be the default message.
            Brilliant, nice and straight forward! Your a genius :)

Comment

• zappleman
              Master Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
              Pages are a little wide for all screens. Usually best below 1000px works for most. Still got a couple of slow images.
              1. at 800+kb http://www.addagrip.co.uk/Addatex2.png
              2. at 391kb http://www.addagrip.co.uk/datacrop.png
              But otherwise a nice looking site.
              I will get those changed, thanks for looking!
              Andy
              www.addagrip.co.uk

Comment

• Hylith
                First Lieutenant

• Feb 2009

Great site, nice layout. I like how the light on the train turns on too when you do the rollover, that's a nice little touch. Some of the picture are really nice and clean. The contact page seems a bit crowded, with a newsletter and contact form on the same page.
                Overall, I think it's excellent.
                Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Working...
                X