Please review my new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my new site

Can someone please review my new site. Thanks alot. www.thejonesgallery.co.nz

Re: Please review my new site

Got some nice images on the site.
    The pages need a constant width as they are jumping about on page transitions. (Make a template & stick with it)
    The page images are far to large for internet use. Your front page is at 1581kb & some of the gallery pages are well over 2200kb, will only be of use to those with broadband.
    Should name your pages without gaps in the name as it will look like below
    http://ww w.thejonesgallery.co.nz/artworks-People-art-realism-art-Contemporary-art.html
    & not
    http://ww w.thejonesgallery.co.nz/Artworks%202%20People%20Art-Realism%20Art-Contemporary%20Art.html
    When linking to the home page, the index part is not needed, just the main url.
    Your key words would be fine if they are in the context of your pages text & not all of these are. <meta name="KEYWORDS" content="Auckland gallery, buy art, contemporary art, new zealand art, fine art, landscape art, paintings of rangitoto, buy art in New Zealand, floral art, buy contemporary art, art gallery, art galleries in New Zealand, art gallery in Auckland, nz art, abstract art, affordable art, new zealand art galleries, nz art galleries, buy art, buy art in Auckland, buy art in New Zealand, nz art for sale, nz artists, nz artists list, new zealand artwork, nz artwork, new zealand artists, original art, original art in New Zealand, original art in nz, original paintings, original nz paintings, original new zealand paintings, buy original art, buy original new zealand art, buy original nz art. contemporary nz art, contemporary new zealand art, artwork hire, hire artwork, art world, contemporary new zealand artists">
    This is the same on all pages. You will be classed as spamming by the SE's.
    When using the shape tool, tick the anti alias box for smoother edges on the image. IE: This one & others
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks alot for that - looks like I need to do some work on it.
      Thanks again.

Comment

You are a very talented artist, beautiful paintings. I agree with all the points Chris brought up as well as I would add a text menu to the bottom of every page (same on everyone, same location, size, order) also I would keep the color pallet of your site consistent. You have some pages with different color back ground. Also check you pages in different browsers, in Firefox you have text overlapping.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks for the comments. It definitely will be a "work in progress" for some time to come.
          Cheers

Comment

Just a question about linking the home page - Chris you said that index is not required - only the main url - just wondering what the difference will be as I'm afraid to change the linking part of things as it took me so long to get it to work properly.
            thanks

Comment

Could someone please tell me why my questions are not showing up. I have signed in and posted new questions and they are not listed as posts anywhere??

Comment

'Phoebes'
                Lots of wonderful works here.
                First, I have no idea why your questions are not showing up.
                Next I think you need more work on making every page the same in set areas. The side menu, the scroll bar, the distance between header and first text. Your text is not constant either. In the gradient shapes you have used, I believe your text would be much easier to read if it was arial. The colour on the scroll bar on the home page is not any where else on that page therefore I don't find it attractive, personally I would stick with the base colours unless you match exactly.
                Your artworks 5 link is not working.
                As Ed said you will need to check your pages on at least 2 browsers. (I always check with ie, firefox and opera and hope for the best that I do not have overlap in Mac)
                Keep having fun, and in my experience I agree with you "a work in progress" says it all. I still find mistakes and wonder how I missed it the first time around and to think, I am contemplating changing the size of my header and menu buttons. I know I will but not right now.
                Sandra

Comment

Wow that Horacio Cordozo can really paint. I agree with what the others are saying, I also think that the menu buttons are not attractive on the site, I think text links would look better than those. Great effort.
                  From a fellow kiwi.
                  Rebecca
                  www.best-forextradingrobot.com

Comment

Hi there,
                    It's a very subtle site in the sense of its light (light colours) with lovely pictures. I think that having a dark blue menu (on the left) is not matching the overall layout of the site.
                    There are literally thousands of menus to choose from and I would go for a different one.

Cheers,
                    N Z B R
                    t o u r s
                    New Zealand Tours
                    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
                    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
                    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                    Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Working...
                    X