• Show
Clear All
  • julia101@talktalk.net
    Private First Class

• Jan 2010

Javascript Blocks

Hi, can anyone help me in 'very simple terms' please, what I do with this:-

After doing a readiness report in Vodahits I got this message:-

WARNING: The page uses JavaScript blocks.

The use of JavaScript blocks affects the proximity and density of your search terms. If you have JavaScript embedded in your page, all the search terms that fall below the JavaScript block will have less proximity and the more JavaScript on the page, the more diluted the density of your search terms are.

There is an easy workaround for this issue. Simply place your JavaScript code in remote files. An example is as follows:

<script language="JavaScript" src="yourscript.js"></script>

Then place the JavaScript in the 'yourscript.js' file.

I have absolutely no idea what to do now and having looked on other posts find the replies so confusing. I need a very very basic reply to tell me step by step what to do.

Can anyone please help me?

The website is www.sunshineholidaysalgarve.com

Thanks so much anyone!

Julia
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Javascript Blocks

Well, first of all you have a statistics Javascript block. You have added this at the very Start of Page. This should be in an external file and called through the <head> section of your page.

However, this is not as much a problem, as your keywords!

You have HUNDREDS of keyword. Both those added directly in the "Keywords" of the page properties, plus many more added directly by you in the <head> of the page.

Keywords should be no more than 20, otherwise you are penalizing your site yourself and you will probably be banned by Google and other SEs.

Not only, but there is no relevancy between your keywords and your content. Your index page content should be more about "bread & breakfast in Albufeira" and "villas in algarve" not all those self catering deals,holiday,offers deals,travel agents deals,luxury deals,cheep deals,algarve breaks,family holiday,the algarve,to deals,last minute deals,cheapest deals etc... which are no sense, as there are millions of other sites about this. You should concentrate on location and service offered.

And, is it Albufeira or Albureira ? you have both in your page.

And, as an advise, resize your images to the actual size you need them. Some of them are as big as 2+ MB making the pages very slow to load.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• julia101@talktalk.net
      Private First Class

• Jan 2010

Hi there

Thanks so much for this, I will now condense my keywords. Do you think this is why I can't find my site within Google then? If I put in 'algarve bungalow' in google, my site is nowhere to be found. Also, should I not worry about the Javascript block at all?

Julia

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

You can actually put it in an external file, but that doesn't matter that much.

I would re-create my page content, to have text reflecting the keywords used, and I would limit my keywords to algarve, bungalow, villa, B & B, bed & breakfast, portugal and combinations of the above.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• julia101@talktalk.net
          Private First Class

• Jan 2010

Well the Javascript block thing confuses the hell out of me and wouldn't know what to do anyway but also don't want it to stop my site being found.

Thank you for the info on keywords etc, I will get on with it now.

Julia

Comment

Working...
          X