Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

I would like good and bad points to my site,, more bad the better so i can make them "right" i dont want it to look like a child put it together but as i been working on it i find it hard to judge for my self. any feed back is welcome
    www.djmermaids.co.uk
    Thank you!

Re: Advice

The layout is nice. I found all the different page styles a bit disorientating - of course there is no hardfast rule but I think professional sites benefit from having an identity that goes from page to page throughout the site. I found two broken links: preferences and FAQs. You may also want to title your pages (page properties). Apart from that - it's very promising and well laid out. The other links all worked properly. I like your little logo too - she's great Good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I've only reviewed the home page and have these 2 comments already:

I think you need to change the "logo" colour for DJMerMaid's as I don't think this stands out enough.

Secondly (and sorry about this) but you need to proof read your text as there are several errors in both the spelling and grammar department! Ooops sorry, but you did say you wanted the bad as well...........

Regards,
      Dave

Comment

I like the home page, but also think you need to stick with one style of page throughout - it lets people know that they are on the same site, and haven't been redirected to another one!

Good site - good business. You don't cover Essex do you??
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

funny u both said to keep the same template for all the pages coz i was thinking the same,, as for the spelling an grammer i am going to get help with that as i'm dyslexic hard to see where i've gone wrong. thank you all for your feed back ,, only thing is now if i just have one template... witch one do i pic :( oOo and sorry essex is to far : ( the two links thats not working is coz i'm still working on them pages sorry for any confusen

Comment

I would pick a template that is more domestic oriented since that is what you specialize in. Most of your templates you have used appear to be more commerical or industrial. Can you take your girl logo and make a template that encompasses her? I would also use the same theme throughout all of your pages such as in your navigation bar as well. I did feel like on every click I was entering a new site. Good Luck with your business!!
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Lady
              I would pick a template that is more domestic oriented since that is what you specialize in. Most of your templates you have used appear to be more commerical or industrial. Can you take your girl logo and make a template that encompasses her? I would also use the same theme throughout all of your pages such as in your navigation bar as well. I did feel like on every click I was entering a new site. Good Luck with your business!!
              Thank you for your feed back, what u said is just what i've been working on last night,, Great minds think alike hay :).. i'll come back and show u when i've done it and hope u give me your new apin :) cheers to u all

Comment

Ok i've change the home page i would br greatful for your apin,,, be4 i change all the pages to the same template
                plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                *Smiles Sweetly*

Comment

Kinda hard to read "DJMermaids" in the first sentence. Maybe a darker color. Also, maybe bold type on the navigation buttons. Other than that, i think it looks good.

Comment

I've almost changed all the pages now, How does it look now? and how does it down load? not to slow is it?
                    *waits replies*

Comment

Originally posted by dkmermaids
                      I've almost changed all the pages now, How does it look now? and how does it down load? not to slow is it?
                      *waits replies*
                      It's looking good. More cohesive and professional. Your identity stands out a bit better now. I only found two broken links - FAQs and Reference. The loading, generally is ok, I think. Although in photo heavy pages like the gardening - it took a wee longer but not too bad (my connection is 2meg). You'll probably find, as your confidence grows, that you keep finding new ways to improve your site. See how it works for you. Well done and good luck with your business.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                        It's looking good. More cohesive and professional. Your identity stands out a bit better now. I only found two broken links - FAQs and Reference. The loading, generally is ok, I think. Although in photo heavy pages like the gardening - it took a wee longer but not too bad (my connection is 2meg). You'll probably find, as your confidence grows, that you keep finding new ways to improve your site. See how it works for you. Well done and good luck with your business.
                        Thank you

Comment

Its looks good to me my only comment would be the picture in your heading doesn't look like any part of the midlands that I know.

Comment

Looking so much better!!! Congratulations!! I now feel I am on one site. Just a few broken links and a little more clean up, but you've done a great job! If you're like me, you'll keep thinking there's still some more you can do. I think I change my site daily, haha.
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                            X