• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skoorbw
    Special Status

• Jun 2009

Website review - be honest please

i have updated my church website at the request of our church members.
    please let me know what you think and be honest
    www.ebcjesup.net

Re: Website review - be honest please

I do have small problem with your alignment. Wont you make your home page a bit shorter so your backgroung image covers background.
    When you click your link on the left side that says: "we Identify..." it opens in new window. Do you really want every page of your site to open as new page or you want to continue on the same one, just like your menu does?
    Other than that page looks nice. I like how you faded you page shapes into background.

Comment

• jonnav35
      Sergeant

• Feb 2010

I was checking out other church websites, as I am building one myself. I think yours looks really great, nice job. What did use use to create your menu? I am guessing it is a slide menu - I like the style of it, did you create it yourself or is it one of the styes? I played around with one the other day but couldn't get it to look nearly as nice as yours (need to get rid of the boxes around the words, you looks much cleaner).

Again, nice job on the design.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

INDEX
        You use of a "Portal" or Intro page to the website is highly unorthodox, as it diminishes any SEO values of the index page entirely without the minimum content and relevancy that is expected to be there, and will undoubtedly suffer SERP as a direct result.
        Why did you do this? Your index page is not one where you must declare restrictions or "qualify" Users, so I do not see the logic of this whatsoever: even if you have multiple sites assosciated with this one, providing a complete navigational scheme on the index page and all interior pages will accomplish more than this erroneous design strategy.

INTERIOR
        Personally, the use of a variety of fonts and the 'smaller' font sizes are not "Visitor-friendly" .... especially for many members who may be older or are not a computer-savvy as you might assume. From the design perspective, using more than one or two fonts (which are not particularly web-safe) eliminates a sense of continuity, or "flow" that helps to establish an appealing and effective web page for Visitors across the board.

Choosing a web-friendly font for the majority of page content will also assure you a universal view across the web, despite the vaarious User settings, computer types, and loaded fonts on their systems. Arial, Tahoma, and Times Roman are the founding trinity of web-safe fonts.

Using a single font for the majority of the page content and one other font for emphasis or "special" uses is perfectly acceptable, and is usually seen in most websites. Using a number of fonts on the page interior without such clear use identity is simply a mistake.

Your font sizes are too small for Visitors to view and use your site with ease (a normal expectation) and if it demonstrated more traditional compositional attention as such, you will note the "flow" or theme to emerge naturally, providing the Visitor appeal and effectiveness presently lacking.

IMO
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X